Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

1. I bombed an exam this morning. Really. It's a lecture class, so I had let the readings slide. Plus, the first exam asked nothing about the readings; the questions were all from the lecture material. This exam? A full third of the questions were on the readings.

2. Thirty more days until Winter Break!

3. My absolute favorite Thanksgiving dish is corn pudding.

4. Alan Tudyk is a seriously under-used actor. He rocked a recent CSI episode.

5. Speaking of CSI and under-used actors: How awesome has Eric Szmanda been this season? I've always had a soft spot for Greg Sanders (gotta love the geek boys!), but the past couple of episodes, Szmanda has been stellar.

6. I've really got to break the swap habit. I don't have the time or the money for it, and it's gotten too stressful. People get really bent out of shape about what they receive or how what they sent was rated. It's like the office gift exchange from hell.

7. Speaking of time and money, I've been spending too much of both at the local coffee shops. But I've discovered that I get too distracted at home: Rowen wants attention, Internet "breaks" get longer and more frequent, and the bed beckons. And the campus libraries are further away and much less comfortable.

8. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate my upstairs neighbors?

9. I still have a cold. I think I've set a new world record for snot production.

10. I had to stop taking the Sudafed because it was making me very tired and very anxious. The second effect was the more worrisome.

11. I really ought to start running again. I'm developing a very academic ass.

12. I wonder if my inability to focus on my reading---and the fact that I get very, very sleepy very quickly while doing it---is yet another sign that I should get my eyes checked.

13. I finally got my tire fixed. Fortunately it just needed a patch.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Sudafed makes me a little on the anxious side as well.

Not cool.

Scott

 
At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bearette stole my comment. :) I think a new phrase has been coined today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home