Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

1. I was thinking earlier that I would post a Thursday Thirteen this week, but it didn't register that today is Thursday until I saw that Bearette had her list up.

2. My days get confused because I have no regular schedule. I have my class schedule, but then all the other things around classes change day to day, and any time I'm not in class is a time that I'm reading for class or working on my PA-ship. I don't have an end to my week anymore, and the actual day of the week has become meaningless.

3. I'm tempted to resay all that in mock-anthrospeak with gratutious references to Marx and Freud, but I'll spare you.

4. I should be reading "Worker in the Cane" right now.

5. I'm actually enjoying Mintz a lot, and his work is giving me ideas for a direction in my own future, possible research.

6. I change my mind every three days about what that possible, future research is.

7. On Monday night, I went out to dinner with friends and had a huge plate of fried food---shrimp, hush puppies, fries---and a glass of wine.

8. We all thought that the server's name was Rowan until we got the bill and saw that it was Ronald.

9. I guessed that his accent was from New Zealand; he was from Georgia.

10. I have two mice in my apartment.

11. I have no patience for old people.

12. I need a new imaginary boyfriend; Bradley got engaged to Jennifer. And he told me the whole time that they were just friends. :-(

13. I'm not very good at living on a budget.

5 Comments:

At 2:51 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

are the mice a couple?
:D

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, I hope not. That's just what I need: procreating mice.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger kj said...

what's with old people? i hope you don't trip them or take their seat on the bus. i imagine you are actually very nice to most folks...

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Scott said...

I don't do well on budgets either... damn limits and what not.

Scott

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger Frema said...

Don't worry, Lisa. Nobody's very good at living on a budget. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home