Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Procrastination, Thy Name is Meme

So I'm completely exhausted and have about 50 more pages of reading that I absolutely have to do tonight (but probably won't). So what would be the smart thing for me to do?

Yeah . . .

1. FIRST NAME? Lisa

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My father claims that my full first name is a family name. But I’ve seen the family tree, and going back 150 years, only one other person has my name. So . . .

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? On the drive up here, so about six weeks ago. Although the next two weeks may see many tears.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. It’s neat, but too round and young.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Tuna.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes.

7. DO YOU JOURNAL? Sporadically.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Already have. And I have photographic proof. If I can ever locate that CD again, maybe I’ll share.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Corn flakes.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, even though I know that I should.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? No, not at all.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup.

14. SHOE SIZE? An 8, I think. But my feet keep growing.

15. FAVORITE COLOR? Blue.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Being passive-aggressive.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Probably Liz. We’ve become separated by more than miles over the past few years.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? If someone else wants to post this, go for it.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black pants with green flip-flops.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Bread & butter. But there's some chocolate calling my name.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My obnoxious neighbors who either aren’t students or don’t give a damn about their classes. They’ve decided that a Tuesday night is a great night for a party.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Yellow green.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Vanilla, fresh-baked chocolate-chip cookies, coffee, my puppy.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A classmate.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO? The ring finger. Seriously. At my age, you learn that it’s not worth checking out the rest of the package if the package belongs to someone else. And at my age, if the package is worth checking out, chances are that it has already been claimed.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Well, no one sent it to me. I stole it from Scott, and he seems like an okay guy.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Smooth white wine.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Purely as a spectator: baseball and Aussie Rules, although I haven’t seen the later in ages because (a) I’m not in Australia and (b) I don’t have a television.

29. EYE COLOR? Blue-grey.

30. HAT SIZE? No idea, but I do think my head is larger than average.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Seafood, especially crab.

33.SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.

34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Only one? German chocolate cheesecake.

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? “The Interpretation of Dreams” by Sigmund Freud. “Poverty, Inequality, and Health” ed. by Leon and Walt. “Worker in the Cane” by Sydney Mintz. Ask me tomorrow and I’ll have a whole new list.

39. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don’t have one; I have a laptop.

40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Don’t have a television.

41. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Silence. My puppy’s dream yips. Ocean waves. Brooks. Thunder.

42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.

43. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? South island of New Zealand.

44. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Reciting the helping verbs in under a minute? I don’t know that I have a special talent.

45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Maryland.

46. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? No one. I stole it. Aren’t you paying attention?

47. NEWEST THING YOU'VE TRIED? Not sleeping for an entire month. And fried cheese curd.

48. ONE THING YOU'D CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF? I’d be a better listener.

49. WHO DID YOU LAST SEND A CARD OR LETTER TO? A swap partner.

50. WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT IF MONEY WERE NO OBJECT? Where wouldn’t I want to go?

5 Comments:

At 6:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re #21... I can empathize. In college my friends and I spent one year in an off-campus apartment. One weeknight there was a party in the hallway outside our place at 2 a.m. and a drunk guy kept leaning on our doorbell.

I'd rather not discuss the details of my arrest, but I swear, it's the only time I ever killed someone.

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

I'm doing this! And by Liz, do you mean Blog Liz?

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

B: No, another Liz. Sorry, meant to clarify that but my brain wasn't really retaining anything moment to moment at 11.30 last night.

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Glad that you stole this, and glad that I have been referred to as "an okay guy" hahaha...

I check out the ring finger more and more all the time.

Scott

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger SK said...

You do NOT have a big head.

BTW, I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home