Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Fourteen

1. Snow! Real snow. As in big flakes falling for several hours, at least an inch on the ground, traffic backed up, buses running late snow.

2. Snow + Sudafed * Friday afternoon class = Unhappy Lisa.

3. Yeah, I'm on the Sudafed. I've got a cold. And, seriously, you'd think I have pneumonia the way I've been going on about it.

4. I hereby pledge that if there's a snowstorm and I'm sitting in a warm, dry car, I will stop at the crosswalks to let the pedestrians, who are trudging through the COLD, WET SNOW, cross the street and get to a warm, dry place as quickly as they can.

5. I recently watched the latest version of Pride & Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightly), and I've got to say that I just don't understand the fanaticism surrounding Jane Austen.

6. You're supposed to feed a cold, right?

7. Rowen has recently decided that she will only drink water that comes from the Brita filter. If I put tap water in her bowl, she stares at it and cries.

8. Rowen, however, thinks that snow is very tasty.

9. My MP3 player is busted. I am very sad.

10. I'm discovering that most anthropologists are, ironically, misanthropes.

11. Levi-Strauss ruined Christmas for me. And weddings.

12. I think Nacho Doritos are better than Cool Ranch.

13. One of my car tires is halfway to flat and I've been choosing to ignore it all week. I only drive my car every other day, and then usually just around the block to find a new parking spot.

14. I didn't vote in the midterm elections.

6 Comments:

At 9:19 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

i'm surprised you didn't vote!

i see jane austen as kind of the original chick lit writer. but i know some ppl see her as overly stiff and mannered.

 
At 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like the hear more about #10 sometime...that's surprising to me.

 
At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yes! I hear you are supposed to feed a cold with generous amounts of Old Bay Utz or nacho cheese Doritos- whichever is most handily available.

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Re #10 - it's because of all the heavy reading they have to do ;)

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Shame on you. I'm sorry. That's all I have.
Shame.
On.
You.
OK, well, I agree Jane Austen is overrated too and Doritos are just plain evil so of course they are delicious in all varieties, but I too agree that nacho cheesier is better than ranch.
Now THAT's REALLY all I have.
Shame.
On.
You.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Scott said...

I could do without Jane Austen as well. I just don't get it. Maybe it is just the period that people like.

Scott

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home