Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

1. I had 700 pages of assigned reading for this week.
2. That's the minimum amount I needed to do. I also need to be preparing for a couple of upcoming projects and researching areas I might be interested in for my dissertation. And I've started reading some analyses of the readings for class so that I might actually understand what I've read.
3. I did not get all 700 pages done.
4. I have another 700 to read for next week.
5. I gave up book reviewing because the thought of reading anything else---even for pleasure---makes me want to cry.
6. Rowen hates grad school. She's very neglected.
7. I, however, have found time for my latest addiction: swaps.
8. I blame Crystal for this addiction.
9. I am terrible at staying in touch with people, and I'm so sorry I haven't returned any phone calls or e-mails. But, well, see 1-4 above.
10. I feel like 30 is too old to be living in a tiny apartment with lawn chairs and a folding table as my only furniture.
11. I am completely hopeless at making small talk at parties.
12. I had another mouse in my apartment. This one was alive. It scurried past my feet. At first, I was completely freaked out because I thought it was an enormous cockroach. I was actually relieved to realize that it was a mouse.
13. I've discovered that Rowen doesn't like bones. I have a very weird dog.

5 Comments:

At 9:09 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Rowen is a nonconformist, a maverick. I like her independent spirit.

I saw a mouse in a yoga studio once. It was positioned in such a way that I know I was the only one who saw it. I never mentioned it to anyone.

 
At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to be blamed for! I hope the reading lets up a little...that's a lot of not-for-fun reading. :(

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Scott said...

My dog does not like bones either... pretty much anything else, just no bones.

700 pages a week? I recommend the bold type method.

Scott

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger kj said...

700 pages a week. how easy it is to forget those days, but you will probably look back on them fondly!

rowen channeled me to tell you that a walk here and there will do both of you good.

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

KJ---Unfortunately another one of Rowen's quirks is that she doesn't like to be walked on her leash. She got spoiled by the easy dog park access in Austin. So walks are just a huge pain for both of us. At least once a week, I insist and then usually cut it short because all she wants to do is go home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home