1. I had 700 pages of assigned reading for this week.
2. That's the minimum amount I needed to do. I also need to be preparing for a couple of upcoming projects and researching areas I might be interested in for my dissertation. And I've started reading some analyses of the readings for class so that I might actually understand what I've read.
3. I did not get all 700 pages done.
4. I have another 700 to read for next week.
5. I gave up book reviewing because the thought of reading anything else---even for pleasure---makes me want to cry.
6. Rowen hates grad school. She's very neglected.
7. I, however, have found time for my latest addiction: swaps.
8. I blame Crystal for this addiction.
9. I am terrible at staying in touch with people, and I'm so sorry I haven't returned any phone calls or e-mails. But, well, see 1-4 above.
10. I feel like 30 is too old to be living in a tiny apartment with lawn chairs and a folding table as my only furniture.
11. I am completely hopeless at making small talk at parties.
12. I had another mouse in my apartment. This one was alive. It scurried past my feet. At first, I was completely freaked out because I thought it was an enormous cockroach. I was actually relieved to realize that it was a mouse.
13. I've discovered that Rowen doesn't like bones. I have a very weird dog.