Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

1. Today is my birthday.
2. I'm 30 years old.
3. I usually don't make a big deal about my birthday and don't tell people about it.
4. But I always secretly wish that others will make a fuss about it.
5. I've never had a surprise party, but I've always wanted one.
6. I love surprises.
7. I thought I would have accomplished more by this age.
8. I thought I'd feel like a grown up by this age.
9. I've been in Madison for a week and still don't know a soul here.
10. Making friends gets a lot harder when you get older.
11. I'll probably spend my birthday getting a parking permit, making envelopes for a craft swap, reading, and tracking down the birthday surprise that my parents planned. I think it's flowers, but I'm not really sure. They gave me directions to an address, a person's name at that address, and a window of time when I have to be there.
12. I'm 30 years old and my face is completely broken out. I know it's from stress and travel and not drinking enough water. But I'm still really annoyed that at this age, I still have pimples.
13. I'm 30 years old and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Or maybe I do, and I feel like it's too late.

10 Comments:

At 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa.

 
At 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was me up there! Liz. Blogger is being cranky again.

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

happy birthday! *fuss, fuss*
i had a surprise party once, but it ended up not being a surprise, because i saw the people sitting in my family room as i pulled into the driveway!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Frema said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Give yourself time on getting to know people in Madison. I'm sure things'll be different once school starts, although I agree: it's much harder to make friends once you reach adulthood.

 
At 6:42 PM , Blogger Lora said...

Happy Birthday!

I didn't realize you were nearing in on the big 3-0. I'm so sorry that you are having to spend in in a new place where you don't know people. However, I'm sure once school gets going you'll meet lots of people that are new in town and looking for friends.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Happy Birthday!

Accomplishments are so relative, just be happy where you are. You are doing great.

Scott

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger kj said...

lisa, a few comments:
1. i'm rooting for a fabulous birthday party for you sooner rather than later
2. i love your honesty
3. you can do what matters to you. i am positive about that.
4.scott sounds like a great guy.

:)

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Diane Arias said...

Goodness... I'm glad I decided to show up and comment for your birthday post. You are on SUCH an adventure and a cross country move like this. It is SO hard sometimes to create connections.

I believe your birthday post for your 31st birthday will sound nothing like this one. You'll look back and go, wow... I can't believe I did this.

Hope you enjoyed your day despite the solitude.

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Happy Birthday (counting the months to 30 myself) and good luck in Madison and in graduate school!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home