1. Today is my birthday.
2. I'm 30 years old.
3. I usually don't make a big deal about my birthday and don't tell people about it.
4. But I always secretly wish that others will make a fuss about it.
5. I've never had a surprise party, but I've always wanted one.
6. I love surprises.
7. I thought I would have accomplished more by this age.
8. I thought I'd feel like a grown up by this age.
9. I've been in Madison for a week and still don't know a soul here.
10. Making friends gets a lot harder when you get older.
11. I'll probably spend my birthday getting a parking permit, making envelopes for a craft swap, reading, and tracking down the birthday surprise that my parents planned. I think it's flowers, but I'm not really sure. They gave me directions to an address, a person's name at that address, and a window of time when I have to be there.
12. I'm 30 years old and my face is completely broken out. I know it's from stress and travel and not drinking enough water. But I'm still really annoyed that at this age, I still have pimples.
13. I'm 30 years old and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Or maybe I do, and I feel like it's too late.