Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ready. Set. Go.

So I had every intention of being in Oklahoma City tonight. But we know where good intentions get us.

The fact that I'm out of Austin at all is due in no small part to Mike and Lost. Despite dire illness, they showed up bright and early to help pack my car (read: do all the work while I stood by and fretted). They did an awesome job with an impossible task: Fitting a Uhaul's worth of stuff into a small SUV. Mike got extra awesome points for coming back later in the day to pick up boxes to ship when I finally admitted that I couldn't fit everything in.

Rowen also gets mad props for being the World's Greatest Pup. Despite having only about a fifth of backseat, and having to share that fifth with her blanket and a sleeping bag, Rowen was a trooper. She carved out a little spot where she could look out either the front window or side, and she spent most of the trip happily watching the world whiz by. Now she's sleeping away in the hotel room. It took some convincing to get her into the hotel and into the elevator, but she's a good girl. Worth all the stuff I couldn't pack to make room for her!

Anyway, with all the packing and repacking and cleaning and freak outs this morning, I left Austin about four hours later than I had intended. So I'm not in Oklahoma City. I'm not even out of Texas. I'm in Fort Worth. I made it a whopping four hours north.

It's going to be a long week.

1 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Keep truckin'...I'm glad Mike & Lost were able to help you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home