Friday, May 12, 2006

Craft Week: The Tee Shirts

Some more crafty somethingness today.

Folks, it's been a rough day. And it's only lunchtime. The badness really started last night, when my computer turned to the Blue Screen of Death and refused to work until I had uninstalled almost all my non-factory-installed programs and taken out the wireless card. Then, even though we didn't go to bed until almost 11 p.m. and I had already planned to come into work a little late because I haven't been sleeping well, Rowen decided that we still needed to get up at 5.30 a.m. And she was rather adamant about it. She's usually not a morning dog. I'm usually getting her up, and then only long enough for her to move from the bedside to the relative quiet of the living room while I get washed and dressed. But apparently during the night, my dog became an early riser.

She also apparently has been training as a sled dog. Because when I took her out for her potty, she shot off, pulling me behind her. Now, I was wearing flip flops. And the grass was wet. Anyone wanna guess what happened next? Yep. Flat on my ass. In front of a maintenance worker and some guy repairing a windshield. While wearing a skirt (me, not the windshield guy), although I'm almost certain that I maintained most of my modesty.

From there, the day hasn't gotten any worse. But it hasn't gotten any better. It's dragging on and I'm tired and I'm so ready to go home.

On that oh-so-cheery note. Here's a selection of some of my experiments in tee shirt redesign, taken from Generation T.

Lisa's Fifth Rule of Crafting: Cut first, then read the directions.*

The Raw Materials:


From a plain black tee:

To a Lisa-style "punk" black tee:


And from a plain blue tee:

To a pretty-in-blue tee:

And thus endeth Craft Week. Although it isn't really the end. I still have some tees to destroy. And I have a growing pile of craft books and magazines. Best of all, I have a brand-spanking-new digital camera.**

*Although I am mathematically challenged, I can count and I realize that I skipped the third and fourth rules. They should have been posted with Penelope's Web. Third Rule of Crafting: Never finish one project before starting another. Fourth Rule of Crafting: (a) Never leave the craft shop with only the things you intended to get; (b) "Need" is always open to interpretation.

**And really, how did I ever live without it? It has a kids-and-pets setting so I can take even more Rowen pictures!.

5 Comments:

At 2:12 AM , Blogger Elsa said...

Don't you just hate those mornings where everything just isn't going your way and embarrassment abounds!?

Very nice shirts. You're so crafty!

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Lora said...

I'm loving your rules of crafting; they are guarantee that something was made with joy and enthusiasm.

 
At 5:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those are great! I like the black punk shirt. The safety pins remind me of the friendship pins that my friends and I used to make with beads. Then we'd wear them on our shoelaces.

Did anyone else do that?

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Dogs can be tough that way can't they? Glad that you were able to maintain your modesty.

Scott

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Liz, I remember friendship bracelets, I think. Little beady things ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home