Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm Here

I'm alive. I just haven't had a thing to write about. Really. I'm working on an extensive photo documentary of my adventures in craftiness but because I'm the last person on earth to get a digital camera,* I have to use up the roll of film and get it developed before I can do my post.

Other than that, it's been a lot of the same old stuff: reading a lot, hanging out with my crazy puppy and trying to talk myself out of getting another one, wondering whether it really would be worse to live with my mother than to stay at my current job for another 53 work days, rationalizing not going to the gym, justifying my desserts, dreaming of someday being a writer but not actually doing any writing (other than book reviews and blog entries), gloating over the downfall of a certain teenage writer, slobbering over my imaginary boyfriend and his possible successors, playing Hey! It's That Guy! while watching Season 5 of CSI (Sark! Ed Danvers! A DeLuise!), telling myself that I really should do some laundry and maybe clean the bathroom but not actually doing anything, playing Pictionary over at Quiet in the Stacks . . . . You know, my usual oh-so-exciting life.

So I'll put it to you, dear blog friends: What should I write about? Give me a topic. Ask me a question. You name it, I'll write about it. Because I've been coming up empty on topics for weeks now.




*Soon to change. My shiny new Canon A430 was shipped today.

8 Comments:

At 11:14 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

congrats on joining the digital camera world! maybe a favorites entry? favorite author, favorite entree, favorite dessert, favorite movie? now i have to check out the imaginary boyfriend successors...

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Matthew MacFadyen??? i'm still angry that they cast him instead of colin firth as mr. darcy. plus his last name is hard to spell.

i wouldn't want to get into a prison fight with the other guy.

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, you could probably take George Eads in a fight. He's a cutie, but skiiiiiiny. I would need to feed that boy lots of cookies and brownies and some supersized peanut-butter cups (which I'm still planning to make---I got the tart pan for it!).

I'm not a P&P-ophile, so I don't have strong feelings one way or the other on his casting as Mr. Darcy. But in MI-5, he is yum. He's married, though, so it would have to be an illicit affair.

 
At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your fantasy job, once you've earned your anthropology degree? What's the worst job you've ever had?

 
At 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it practically a law that Colin Firth must be the male lead in any Jane Austen movie? Or any movie in which British accents are used?

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I don't know, y'all. Colin Firth paired with Kiera Knightley? He's like 20+ years older than she is....kinda creepy to me.

Finished Persepolis 2 at lunch today! Very good....I think I'm getting more used to the comic format.

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Yes! And that law was violated!!
;)

 
At 6:02 AM , Blogger Frema said...

For purely selfish reasons, I'd love to know how you're coming along with the whole religion issue.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home