I'm now a week overdue on a book review and on sending out the invites for my sister's wedding shower (and I'm really trying to avoid the wrath of Bridezilla, although I already incurred it for asking for her new address so I could send one to her, thinking that she might like a copy as a keepsake, which got me a reprimand because I'm not supposed to "invite" the bride [duh!] and she's not technically supposed to know about it, except that she does know and she's the one who sent me the invite list and does anyone really do surprise showers anymore?). The to-review pile is piling up again. I haven't even started on the afghan that is supposed to be my sister's wedding gift. And please don't even ask when the last time was that I cleaned my bathroom or vacuumed anything.
So there hasn't been much time or brain space for decent blog entries. So instead, here's what is taking up my brain space:
* Celebrity babies. And shameless judgment of the celebrities having the babies. And with Gwyneth, Katie, Brooke, Angelina, Britney, and Maggie all popping out kids, this is taking up quite a bit of my brain. Could Gwyneth be any more offensive? ("I'm the mummy, so I take care of the home. Chris is the daddy, so he works.") And how is it that K-Fed is so darn fertile? Is he deliberately trying to disprove Darwin? Does silent birth extend through the child's first year? Because we've heard a whole lot from Tom about how he feels about the baby. But has anyone seen a single quote from Katie?
* Pimped-out snacks. Not Martha had a link to Pimp My Snack. Now I'm obsessed with the idea of making a super-large peanut butter cup. I wasted a good deal of yesterday searching online for a pan that would give it the proper fluted edges. I think I've decided that this flan pan would work best.
* T-shirts. Not Martha also had a link to Makezine, which had a link to Angry Chicken, which I think may be one of my new favorite sites and which had a link to a Craftster project that used freezer paper to make stencils. And I got Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt for review yesterday. So now I'm feeling inspired to play with t-shirts. Because I don't have nearly enough unfinished craft projects laying around.
* Embellishments. On the same line of thought, I picked up a new magazine last week---Embellish---and I got a review copy of the new Subversive Cross Stitch book. So I also want to start decorating pillowcases and placemats and such with snarky stitches and pretty ribbons.
* Will Tippin's return to Alias. And the fact that I won't get to see it because I'm stupid and don't own a television.
* Buffy comics. Don't worry, I'm not going over to the geekside and collecting piles of spandex porn. But I've been reading Fray and enjoying it once I figured out how to read a comic (it's harder than you think!) and remembering how much I adore Joss Whedon and the Buffyverse. So now I have a bunch of Buffy comics on request at the library.
* Losing the damn weight. Which, I admit, directly contradicts my obsession with oversized snacks. But I've got a little more than a month before I face my mother again. And I've got a closet full of cute summer clothes that I'm pining for. And, yes, I know: Eat less, exercise more. If that's your comment to me: Shut up. It's not so easy for some of us.
ETA: I forgot to mention my unhealthy obsession with Gawker Stalker. And thanks to Angry Chicken, I'm now in love with Paper Source and fighting the urge to order lots and lots of paper things. Especially the beautiful Indian and Italian prints.