Friday, March 03, 2006

Weekend Plans: Too Much of a Good Thing

This is shaping up to be one of those weekends where I have so many options for things to do that I become paralyzed by the choices and therefore do nothing. So I’ll either do nothing or do some combination of the following:

* Go the gym.
* Take Rowen for a walk at McKinney Falls.
* Read Without You. I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. It's one of those books that I really want to like and feel bad about not liking because the author is so likable but it just isn't that great of a book.
* Work on any number of crafts that I’ve meant to do, started to do, or nearly finished.
* Pay bills.
* Go to Staple: Independent Media Expo. I’m on the fence about this because I’m not at all interested in comics or graphic novels, which seem to be the focus of the expo. But I’d like to pick up some of the zines and get to know some people in independent publishing here in Austin. * Watch a friend’s cousin play basketball.
* Finish watching Joseph Campbell and The Power of Myth. The first three hours were amazing. Seriously, don’t get me started talking about it. So interesting!
* Go to an apartment painting party.
* Watch Noam Chomsky: Distorted Morality.
* Fret about not hearing from UT/Have a pity party because I didn’t get into UT/Jump up and down and tell everyone within a 500-mile radius that I go into UT.
* Clean my bathroom.
* Vacuum.
* Do laundry.
* Take Rowen to the groomer. She’s a stinker right now.
* Play at the dog park and then hang out at Mozart’s afterward because Austin just made it legal to have dogs on restaurant patios! Yeah for Austin!
* Sell tickets for the hunger banquet. Try not to lose my patience with the committee chair.
* Proofread a journal because I’m behind on hours. Again.
* Enjoy that Austin has 70-degree weather in March because it’s only 30 degrees in Madison.

I’m sort of leaning towards the nothing side of things. Well, except for the laundry. That really, really needs to get done.

5 Comments:

At 1:59 PM , Blogger Mike said...

Jeez, Madison is warmer than here right now. What, did absolute zero decide to take up residence in the mid Hudson Valley or something? I mean, Madison, WI warmer at this time of year!!!? Throw in laundry, and play with the dog at the park. Multitasking...

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger SK said...

What a great city we live in!!! Dogs on patios! Yay! You know, I meant to mention that to you b/c I was at Opal Divine's on Monday and there was a dog out there on the patio.. there was also smoking (but not by me, of course. oh no! no sirreee...)

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Lora said...

Funny thing I didn't even realize that there had been a law restricting dogs on restaurant patios because it's so common.

What ever you do make sure you do as much of it outside as possible.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

i guess you can't watch noam chomsky outside.

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Diane Arias said...

Hey, Lisa! Just checking in. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. I've been meaning to ask you for a book recommendation. Most of what I've read have had to do with personal growth and/or baby care. Red Tent was my last fictional read, and I loved it which is about womanhood/motherhood... I know, shocker.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home