Friday, February 24, 2006

Weekend Plans: TMI Edition

On the off chance that I have any male readers out there: You might want to skip this post.


Really, trust me on this one.


Okay, now that it’s just us girls: Yeah, it’s that time of the month. And that means one of two things for me. If it’s a good month, I spend about 48 hours feeling like I have a mild stomach flu. Yep, that’s a good month. If it’s a bad month, I spend that same time huddled on the bathroom floor, screaming “FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY, PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY. NOW!” and wondering if there’s such a thing as an elective hysterectomy.

And, yes, I’ve seen several doctors about this and there’s nothing actually “wrong” with me. I’m just unlucky.

Having a good month depends largely on me behaving well the week prior: exercising, drinking lots of water, limiting my caffeine and sugar. You know, the stuff I should do anyway.

Fortunately, I was on mostly good behavior this week. So I just kind of feel crappy. I came into work late and I’m leaving early and I’m not even making up the hours. I’ll dip into my scanty leave time.

I’m also retaining Lake Superior and had my pajama bottoms not been coated in a inch of dog hair, I probably would have worn them to work today. I’m looking forward to getting out of the jeans that are suddenly two sizes too small and putting on something with an elastic waistband.

So tonight is going to involve me, my pajamas, a large kettle of tea, and the first 3 hours of Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth. Yeah, I’m a nerd. I may also at some point drag myself to the gym because there is a tiny part of me that knows I’ll feel better after some physical activity. But that tiny part is getting the snot beat out of it by the rest of me, so . . . .

Other than that, my weekend plans including the following:

* Going for an early-morning walk with LostInTexas (weather permitting).
* Taking Rowen to the dog park. A lot.
* Finishing Strapped. Because I’m interviewing the author on Monday. Fortunately it’s an interesting book and a quick read, despite the overwhelming use of statistics.
* Making my sister’s shower gift, which I’ve supposedly been working on for the past two months.
* Seeing Transamerica with LostInTexas and Lora.
* Going to the gym on Sunday.
* Watching the second 3 hours of Joseph Campbell.
* Doing assorted chores.

Perhaps I should have titled this “Nerd Edition”

6 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger Frema said...

Or "Blogger Reunion" edition. I love how personal Web sites can bring people together!

 
At 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing. Monthly woes are just not fair, are they?

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

I want to see TransAmerica! Let me know how it is.

Sorry you feel so rotten! I'm having it too; it came at the beach today. Fun. (TMI? Sorry, everyone.)

How can you watch Joseph Campbell's book, out of curiosity? D has it.

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Lora said...

Okay, I know I'm being cruel here, but ...
9 months free of such worries =)
Actually, I empathize. I don't get the same symptoms as you, but I normally get a monthly migraine, with the severity of it being largely being dependent upon how well I've been taking care of myself. Have you ever given Evening Primrose a try?

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

B---Bill Moyers did an interview with Campbell for PBS. It's available on DVD. All 6 hours of it!

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Lisa - Wow, that's long!

Lora - You're really enjoying that, aren't you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home