Weekend Plans: TMI Edition
On the off chance that I have any male readers out there: You might want to skip this post.
Really, trust me on this one.
Okay, now that it’s just us girls: Yeah, it’s that time of the month. And that means one of two things for me. If it’s a good month, I spend about 48 hours feeling like I have a mild stomach flu. Yep, that’s a good month. If it’s a bad month, I spend that same time huddled on the bathroom floor, screaming “FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY, PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY. NOW!” and wondering if there’s such a thing as an elective hysterectomy.
And, yes, I’ve seen several doctors about this and there’s nothing actually “wrong” with me. I’m just unlucky.
Having a good month depends largely on me behaving well the week prior: exercising, drinking lots of water, limiting my caffeine and sugar. You know, the stuff I should do anyway.
Fortunately, I was on mostly good behavior this week. So I just kind of feel crappy. I came into work late and I’m leaving early and I’m not even making up the hours. I’ll dip into my scanty leave time.
I’m also retaining Lake Superior and had my pajama bottoms not been coated in a inch of dog hair, I probably would have worn them to work today. I’m looking forward to getting out of the jeans that are suddenly two sizes too small and putting on something with an elastic waistband.
So tonight is going to involve me, my pajamas, a large kettle of tea, and the first 3 hours of Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth. Yeah, I’m a nerd. I may also at some point drag myself to the gym because there is a tiny part of me that knows I’ll feel better after some physical activity. But that tiny part is getting the snot beat out of it by the rest of me, so . . . .
Other than that, my weekend plans including the following:
* Going for an early-morning walk with LostInTexas (weather permitting).
* Taking Rowen to the dog park. A lot.
* Finishing Strapped. Because I’m interviewing the author on Monday. Fortunately it’s an interesting book and a quick read, despite the overwhelming use of statistics.
* Making my sister’s shower gift, which I’ve supposedly been working on for the past two months.
* Seeing Transamerica with LostInTexas and Lora.
* Going to the gym on Sunday.
* Watching the second 3 hours of Joseph Campbell.
* Doing assorted chores.
Perhaps I should have titled this “Nerd Edition”