Thursday, March 09, 2006

On the Pile

Finished: Without You by Anthony Rapp. I should have a review up tomorrow---if I can get this massive block out of my brain. Every lede I try is coming out too cutesy or too trite. In a nutshell, the content was mostly very good---candid, true, emotionally raw---but the writing was lazy and dilettantish.

Now Reading: U.S.! by Chris Balchelder. Also still reading The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom.

On Deck: I keep shuffling this pile as new review books come in. Right now, it’s A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore, The Thin Place by Kathryn Davis, and A Map of Glass by Jane Urquhart.

Added to the Pile: Lion’s Honey by David Grossman just arrived this morning and The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke by Suze Orman is waiting for me at the library (thanks to Frema for the recommendation).

4 Comments:

At 12:58 PM , Blogger Diane Arias said...

Hey, Lisa! There are two books that I have been "working on" to kind of choke down. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and 9 Steps to Financial Freedom.

I've gotten through a portion of each of these books as I decided to set the books down until I feel I've grasped the concepts before moving one. For Covey, I've exercised the first five (maybe six) steps and with Suze? Maybe the preface.

Please share any "Aha" moments you might have with Suze.

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Frema said...

Lisa, I really hope you enjoy The Money Book. Suze has a great writing style that is very down-to-earth.

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

i want to read "a dirty job". i loved "bloodsucking fiends".

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

my mom gave me a suze orman book when i got out of college and i never read it. let me know if you learn anything, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home