Monday, March 06, 2006

Mood: Foul

Foul, foul, foul! I am beyond cranky today. And not just because my Oscar predictions were way off base (although they were; see below). I can't explain my foul mood. I had a great day yesterday. Although I could have done without the third degree from my mother on why I was going to grad school and why I chose anthropology and why I picked the three schools that I applied to. The question I have: Why do I keep having these conversations with my mother? Why can't I stand up to her to say, "I'm an adult. I've made my decision. You can support it or not. But I don't need to justify it to you and I don't need your approval." Why?

At least I have Oscar fug to look forward to. And, wow, the fug came out to play last night! Sandra, Amy, Michelle, Charlize---I'm talking to you. Pick yourself up a copy of the new People Style magazine. The one with Reese on the cover. Because Reese? Always looks fabulous.

My Oscar Scoreboard: 4 correct out of 18 categories. * marks the ones I got right.

Best Picture: Crash
Best Director: Ang Lee*
Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon*
Best Supporting Actor: George Clooney
Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz
Original Screenplay: Crash
Adapted Screenplay: Brokeback Mountain
Best Animated Feature: Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit*
Best Foreign-Language Film: Tsotsi
Art Direction: Memoirs of a Geisha*
Cinematography: Memoirs of a Geisha
Costume Design: Memoirs of a Geisha
Documentary Feature: March of the Penguins
Film Editing: Crash
Makeup: The Chronicles of Narnia*
Original Score: Brokeback Mountain
Original Song: It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp (Hustle & Flow)

5 Comments:

At 10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you're feeling yuck. Did you go to Staple, and if so, how was it?

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Ashley Beth said...

Sorry about your mom. I have the same problem with my own, so I know what you mean. I hope it doesn't make you feel like you've made a bad decision.

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Whew, I know what you mean about the fug!

I went to MSN and looked at their pics of the stars, and am thinking about doing a commentary on them a little later.

Three words: Helena Bonham Carter.

Wow.

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I skipped Staple. I got up on Saturday much later than I wanted to---mostly because I got up much earlier than I wanted to the first time. The first time was at about quarter to five and to the sounds of Rowen vomitting. All over the carpet. Thanks, Rowen. By the time I got that all cleaned up---because, naturally, she vomitted multiple times and in a different place each time---it was almost six. So I started my day later and everything got scrunched together and a few things had to not happen. Staple was one of those things.

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Frema said...

I didn't watch it, but I would've LOVED to hear Catherine Zeta-Jones or someone equally elegant say, "And the Oscar goes to... 'It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp' by Hustle & Flow!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home