Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Why I Won't Be Eating This Month

Ask and you shall receive . . . .


I know---I'm such a trendsetter! Really taking the bold risks with my wardrobe. Anna Wintour only wishes she were me.

I also went with my friend A to the fabric store last night. She's making me two party skirts on the off chance that I get my lazy, introverted butt out to a couple of SXSW* parties next week. One will be knee-length black satin with silver piping; the other is a bright pink mini with this crazy, very mod orange and pink trim at the waist. I'll post pictures when the skirts are finished.

I guess I finally got tired of wearing the same two skirts and two pairs of pants and t-shirts and refusing to buy anything nice that also fits because I wanted to wait until I lost some weight. I'm just going to love me at my current weight (or try to anyway)---even if my mother doesn't---and look as good as I can. Because I realized that I was hitting myself with a double whammy---I don't feel good about myself at this weight so I don't dress well or bother with my appearance much at all, and then I feel even worse about myself because I'm always wearing unflattering, unappealing clothes.

Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself to justify my little spending spree.

Now I'm on the hunt for some fierce knee-high boots that will actually fit over my calves.

* A music and movie festival in Austin, where we prove how weird and indie we are by paying hundreds of dollars to watch garage bands in dirty bars. I'm going to a couple of free parties. Maybe.

6 Comments:

At 1:59 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

yes, love yourself as you are :)

did anyone else think SXSW was a wild sex party?

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Diane Arias said...

Yay! Good for you!!!! The don't buy clothes until I lose weight IS a double self-esteem whammy and a total trap.

Not sure if you're a fan, but looks like if you go to SXSW you can meet up with Amy and Jon. Tell her Number Twelve and the rest of Indiana said "Hi."

Unless, of course, you're too busy having fun at the wild sex party. Rock bands, yah, right. :)

 
At 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your shopping spree was well-deserved! You're gorgeous, anyway. And I like your definition of SXSW...I never thought of it that way! (Then again, I've never gone.)

 
At 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bearette- that's exactly what I was thinking. ;)

I love that white top and the skirt.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Frema said...

Shopping can be very therapeutic, and Ramen noodles are only thirty cents a pack. You made the right decision. In fact, I'm living vicariously through your new purchases, as all of my extra cash has to pay for a certain something I like to call a wedding.

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger Lora said...

Very nice and much more both of our styles. I found the first step to successfully losing weight is doing things to make yourself feel beautiful and confident. Even if you don't lose weight you still end up feeling and looking better and really that's the whole point anyway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home