Friday, February 17, 2006

On the Pile

I have been a reading fool lately. Mostly because I’ve been on deadlines. But I’m also getting a little tired of watching so many DVDs. Buffy really should have ended with Season 5.

Finished: The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld (coming out in May; highly recommend) and Elements of Style by Wendy Wasserstein (coming out in April; light, fun, slow to start but got better in the second half)

Currently Reading: The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood and A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong

On Deck: The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle

Added to the Pile: I just can’t seem to leave the library empty-handed. I went last night to return a pile of books---ones I hadn’t even opened, mind you---and I couldn’t resist the urge to peruse the New Books shelves. It's just like shopping, but without the credit-card hangover!
* Sloth by Wendy Wasserstein
* God Lives in St. Petersburg and Other Stories by Tom Bissell
* Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John M. Perkins

Back on the Pile: My trip to the library also netted two books that have made an appearance on the pile before but weren’t read.
* A Problem From Hell by Samantha Power
* The Finishing School by Muriel Spark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home