Friday, February 17, 2006

Weekend Plans

Before I start this, I need to note that I saw the following headline today: “Men May Exaggerate Number of Sexual Partners.” Um, is this actually news to anyone?

In what amounts to real news, Austin may get some rain this weekend, for which I am grateful. Both because we need the rain and because I need a rainy weekend. I have much reading that I need---and want---to get done. I have a new (unpaid) gig writing reviews for austinist.com, and now that the review books are coming in, I need to, well, read and review them. First up: The Penelopiad and Strapped.

Friday
I toyed with the idea of leaving work early to take Rowen to the dog park to burn off energy because she’ll likely be spending the weekend indoors. But I’m, once again, behind in hours. Then I thought that perhaps I would go straight from work to the gym, but I’m feeling very lazy. Probably a narcotic effect from the approximately 237 cookies I’ve eaten today (oatmeal chocolate-chip, and I must say, they are one of the best batches I’ve made). So I’ll probably go home, maybe finish the bookmark I started making yesterday, finish the last episode of Buffy, Season 6 (when Willow finally got to be a bad ass and did it oh-so-well; Allison Hannigan makes a great evil bitch), and read in front of a cozy fireplace (lit with those special logs from the grocery store because I’m lame and can’t start a decent fire anywhere but in the microwave).

Saturday
* Coming to the office for a few hours. Gah! One of the weeks, I will work all 40 hours in the five work days.
* Meeting a friend for lunch.
* Burrowing in at home for more reading in front of the fireplace.
* Working on my sister’s shower gift because the cross-stitch pattern that I’m using is in a library book that’s due back in a week.

Sunday
* Going to the gym in the morning.
* Meeting the Austin blogger gals for lunch.
* Possibly talking the blogger gals into a matinee movie.
* Burrowing and cross-stitching some more.

Friends, books, a fireplace, tea, crafts, my dog . . . what else could I possibly want?

Oh yeah:



5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

i am so jealous...have a good time!!!

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Diane Arias said...

Enjoy, indeed... happy friday!

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Lora said...

You won't be able to talk this gal into a movie, because I have company coming over at 5.

Don't forget Freescale is this weekend so traffic will be a bit of a mess.

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Ahhh. I almost forgot. Hmmmm. I'd better look up the race route; we might have to change the location.

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

He's from Philly originally. But hands off! I've already called stalking privileges. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home