Thursday, December 15, 2005

Two Down

I dropped off the UT application yesterday; only Kentucky is left to do. Once upon a time, I had visions of myself having all of my applications finished and sent by November 1. Hah! Then, I though, I'll get them all done before Christmas. Well, I came close. But I'm way behind in my Christmas gift crafts, so UK will have to wait until January.

And the status of those Christmas crafts?
* Afghan: 4 of 5 panels are completed; 1 panel left plus assembly and fringe.
* Scarf 1: 3 more inches in length and fringe left to do. I would have been done this past weekend, except I'm making this one for my sister's fiance who is 6'4", so I had to add some length. It would also help if my cable stitch holder didn't have the magical ability to grow legs and relocate to various hiding spots within my apartment.
* Scarf 2: Bought the yarn. I'm tempted to say "The heck with this one," but I bought specific colors to match my uncle's favorite football team and I'm not sure what I'd do with the yarn if I don't make the scarf (other than hang onto it until next Christmas).
* Cross-stitch: About 1/5 finished.

I unexpectedly got a life post-Thanksgiving, which threw off my whole schedule. So guess what I'll be doing every spare moment from now until next Thursday?

And, yet, despite my newfound busyness, I still have nothing interesting to write. Nothing. No stories to tell, no reports to give (haven't been running in two weeks---gah!), no drunken adventures to recount. I have some recipes to share, but I keep forgetting to type them at home. There's not even any really good gossip to share (other than speculation about Katie's bump shrinkage and reports that my new imaginary boyfriend may be cheating on me).

So I'll steal a page from ACW to drum up material: What do you want to know about me? Ask me anything and I'll answer. Within reason. For obvious reasons, I won't reveal any identifying details, such as my full name or where I work. And keep in mind, this is a (dysfunctional) family channel. Also keep in mind that I have a fragile ego and a lack of questions could keep me in therapy well into the next decade (I'm not above begging).

Ask away!

5 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on some of your previous entries it sounds like you've lived abroad quite a bit. What kind of work/cause took you to those places?

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

After checking the Katie/Tom link, I saw another link saying that Tom can't wait to change diapers! This gets him some points in my book, though he's still, um, nuts.

Since I've never seen a picture of you:

1) How tall are you?
2) What color eyes do you have?
3) And I picture you with curly hair, for some reason. Is that accurate?
4) Why'd you go to Malawi?
5) Have you ever been to Antarctica?
6) Did you go to UT-Austin? (I thought this for some reason, don't know if I'm right).
7) What is your place in the family order? (oldest, youngest, middle)
8) What is your favorite color?
9) Which do you prefer, pomegranates or pineapple?
10) Favorite author (I'm suspecting Madeleine L'Engle)?
11) Were you an English major undergrad?
12) When's your birthday?
13) You mentioned a "new life" after Thanksgiving. Tell us about it!
14) What is your favorite shade of nail polish?

OK, I'll stop now ;)

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Frema said...

I think Bearette has asked enough questions for all of us--except this one: which fictional character do you love the most and why?

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Your imaginary boyfriend really gets around. I thought he was dating Jaime King, but now he's with Jennifer Esposito! Maybe you are next on his list? :)

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

He's just lucky that I'm such a forgiving and understanding woman. And I know those tabloids are just full of lies. She's just a friend. Really.

Right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home