Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Under the Covers with Cookies and Captain Tightpants

So I was going great guns on my final prelim paper. I was plowing through the readings at previously unknown speeds. I even managed to skim some readings. I was plastering my wall with brightly colored Post-Its as evidence of my prodigious productivity. I wrote out a main thesis on the white board and had the beginnings of an outline.

Then, today, I crashed. A combination of stress, rainy weather, and sore muscles from a surprisingly strenuous workout has me longing to crawl back into bed for a Firefly marathon courtesy of Netflix.

I have until Friday to produce as much as possible of a draft of a 20-page paper on popular culture as a site of encounter between Africans and Westerners. I haven't written a single page, and I still have a huge pile of reading that I need to do before I start writing. I did manage to put together an outline. But still . . .

I am so screwed.

3 Comments:

At 1:16 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Um. Who is Captain Tightpants?

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

It's a reference from Firefly.

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger artemisia said...

Ok, yes. This week is going to SUCK like no other.

Just do it. You can do it! Set a timer for 20 minutes and just go in chunks. 20 on, 20 off.

You can do it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home