Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm Done!

But then, not so much.

I finished grading the exams and submitted the final grades (with a generous curve, because we wouldn't want the students to think that college was, like, hard or anything).

So I should be done, right?

************************

Oh yeah---those pesky prelims. That I still cannot make myself finish. Even though I know I have an absolute deadline. And even though I know that the sooner I get them done, the sooner I can have some real downtime.

I've always been a procrastinator, but I've never been this bad about it. And I'm not sure if it's paralysis or apathy.

************************

The abundance of end-of-year and farewell get-togethers is not helping. I'm trying to be somewhat selective in which ones I attend---mostly because I'm both tired and broke---but even then, I've been to one at least every other day for the past week. And knowing that I probably won't see many of these people for at least year---if not more---makes it harder to turn down invitations.

************************

At least I'm being a productive knitter. I finished a shrug in a mere four days. Of course, the shrug turned out to be doll-sized, so perhaps not so productive.



I really like the general pattern, though, so I might try again with some modifications for size.

Now I'm working on a sweater shell---the same one that I frogged just a few months ago (same pattern, different yarn).




*************************

Really, I just want a nice 9-5 library job that leaves my evenings free to read and knit and watch the telly.

I am so lame.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Not lame. You have your priorities straight :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home