Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Mutha of UFOs

So I survived my hell week: one mock job talk, two course assignments, a pile of grading, a conference paper, a paper revision, TA applications, and a guest lecture. I made it through the lecture with minimal humiliation---although I did manage to completely blank on what G8 stands for---and I didn't have to resort to singing the periodic table of elements. Thank goodness, because as my sister reminded me, I don't actually know the periodic table of elements.

The last of the deadlines was on Tuesday afternoon. By 5 p.m., I was in my pajamas, on the couch, and sobbing uncontrollably through "Life Unexpected" and "The Biggest Loser." (Or, at least, until the last ten minutes of BL, when the Black Team finally lost a weigh in and Lance and his nasty beard got sent home. Now, if we can just get rid of Michael. Yeah, yeah, it's a matter of life and death for him. He's the only one still over 400 pounds. But he's so annoying! I just want to shove a pie in his face to get him to Shut Up Already.)

Anyway . . .

Spring Break is nigh, and I just might have time to work on my next UFO:


This afghan was supposed to be my sister's wedding gift. She was married in July.

2006.

So I have been working, on and off, on this blanket for FOUR YEARS!

I've knit about three-quarters of it. It needs to get done.

I did finally finish the sweater for my nephew, and much to my surprise, it still fits. Yay! I didn't get any photos of the actual sweater, but here's one from the Coldwater Collaborative (where I got the pattern and yarn) of what it looked like:


Except mine didn't have the button at the top.

Still, so cute!

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Yay for knitting! I hope you finish the afghan soon.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger artemisia said...

You will totally finish the afghan. Hey - I have been working on a thesis for four years. I win this round.

And congrats on the sweater.

Yay for meeting deadlines! I am currently messing up three important ones. Yay!

Enjoy your week off. Holy cow, have you earned it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home