Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Totally stealing this from Bearette. And others. But I can't remember who at the moment.

There's tons to write about the wedding, but I'm not sure what I want to write. I'm always worried about what my family would say if they ever found this site. And, no, my family doesn't know I keep a blog. There are a lot of things my family doesn't know. I'm also hesitant to post much because the exhaustion from travel and from a week of sleep deprivation has my nerves rather ragged and I'm afraid I might post something I'd regret.

So instead, you get this:

1. For most of junior high and high school, I wanted to be a journalist.
2. I changed my mind in my senior year and decided that I wanted to work in corporate international communications.
3. I still regret not pursuing journalism.
4. Despite studying French for 7 years, spending a semester in Paris, and receiving a degree in French, I still can't speak it.
5. I've also studied, either formally or informally, Latin, Spanish, Italian, and Chichewa.
6. I can't speak any of them, either.
7. I'm terrified of public speaking. In high school, I used to get so nervous about oral presentations that I'd scratch at my arms until I had welts.
8. But I'm not afraid to dance or sing on stage.
9. I took dance lessons for 15 years.
10. Despite that, I can't sing or dance with any skill.
11. I once sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" during karaoke. It was the longest. song. ever.
12. That was the same night I participated in my first chugging contest.
13. I can't chug worth a damn. My team lost because of me.

As a bonus fact: I'm once again blunking in Liz's honor!

5 Comments:

At 9:45 PM , Blogger Elsa said...

Good luck with the blunking! I hope it helps the nerves.

Is it too late to go into journalism? Maybe you could do some local "stuff"?

I've heard many people say how they've spent years learning a language, just to forget it. I think it's hard keep up with it if you don't keep speaking it, which is hard if you don't have opportunities to speak it. BTW, I'm not familiar with Chichewa, but I just googled it. Pretty interesting.

 
At 6:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And spitting in the eye of good grammar: me and Jimi salute ye!

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Scott said...

I don't know what blunking is but is dounds odd. Good luck with it.

Scott

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Scott - you can read Liz's blog for a full explanation :)

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Lora said...

It is not to late to become a journalist.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home