Friday, March 17, 2006

Weekend Plans: The One Where Ms. Crankypants Takes a Chill Pill

I flipped someone off today. Twice. The same person. I wasn’t sure that he saw me the first time and wanted to make sure he knew that he was a jerk. So, yeah, I’m thinking that I really need to decompress this weekend.

Friday
Yet again, I should go to the gym. I like the gym on Friday nights. I can get the machines I want when I want them. But I’m so tired. Maybe I will go and just do the elliptical and some weights. Then I’ll eat the soup that I was supposed to take to a church dinner tonight but am not going to because I’m lazy and I’m behind on work hours. And then lay in bed to read tabloids and watch Alias on DVD.

Saturday
* Work. I’m not going to be able to make up all the hours I missed this week---some will have to come out of my leave time---but I’d like to shave off a few.
* Reading. I have a review of U.S.! due next week.
* Making posters for the church hunger banquet.
* Playing with Rowen.
* Selling tickets for the church hunger banquet.
* Seeing my friend G sing at La Tazza Fresca (35th and Guadalupe, for the Austin folks)

Sunday
* More gyming.
* More reading.
* More playing with Rowen.
* Finally watching Failure to Launch. Hopefully with S, so I can have sangria and not feel like a loser for drinking alone.
* Dealing with my mother (by phone).
* Deciding when I’m leaving Austin.
* Going to bed very early.

At some point this weekend, I also should probably deal with the towering pile of dishes in my sink, the past-its-prime mess in the fridge, and the overdue bills.

6 Comments:

At 2:16 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

i haven't seen failure to launch yet. let me know how it is.

who did you flip??

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Some jerk. We were both trying to get over to the next lane because our exit ramp was going to turn into a left-turn-only lane. I had my turn signal on, but when there finally was an opening, he whipped out from behind me and then gunned it so I couldn't get over. I honked and flipped him the bird and when I wound up behind him, I flipped him off again.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger SK said...

Hey if you need the sangrias today.. I'm game. It is, after all, st patricks day.. you should celebrate :) (I think I'm officially a wino now)

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Hmmmmm. I could come over after the gym and a shower. As long as you don't mind me showing up in my pjs. :-)

 
At 6:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes nothing feels better than extending that middle finger. ;)

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Eric said...

Would you PLEEEEAAAASE stop flipping me the bird? It is getting really distracting now...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home