Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ranting, Raving, & Whining

I'm having serious anger management issues today.

Everyone is pissing me off---from the guy who nearly caused an accident this morning because he thought my turn signal meant for him to speed up and refuse either to yield or to change lanes until the last possible second because I really wanted to start my day with an anxiety attack to the idiot in the way-too-big you-aren't-fooling-anyone truck who thought that he was entitled to both turning lanes to the beeyotch at the gas station who was too busy yakking on her cell phone to notice the line of people waiting for the pump.

Oh yeah, and the coworker who physically pushed through me to get somewhere and then totally interrupted a conversation and didn't bother to say "sorry" or "excuse me" for either offense.

And can I just tell you how much I hate Austin library's new online system? On the old system, I had to enter my account number and PIN once and then could do almost everyone from one screen---check due dates and renewal availability, renew items, request items, etc. With the new system, I have to go to a different screen for every different action and re-enter my account number and PIN every time. And, like today, I went to check whether I could renew some books. So I went to the renewal screen. And it said I could renew those books. But then after I had selected them and hit "renew," it told me that I couldn't renew them again. Stupid system.

The combination of the anger and the anxiety have completed wiped me out. BUT I still have to go to my church committee meeting tonight---and we all know how I feel about that. AND, stupid masochistic me, I offered to stuff goody bags for another group (not church-related) AFTER the church meeting. So I'll be getting home tonight around, oh, midnight.

I think I may be calling out tomorrow morning with a "tummy ache." Because, really, all I want to do right now is crawl into bed with a book and a pint of ice cream and not come out for a couple days. And if it weren't for my sister's wedding---and the fact that I need at least a week of vacation time for the shower and wedding---I would totally do just that.

6 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Blogger Frema said...

Your idea of the perfect vacation day is strikingly similar to MY idea of the perfect vacation day. And if I didn't need time off for my own wedding, I'd do just that. :)

Hang in there, sista!

 
At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a crummy day.

I'm having some issues myself. I wish we could get together for a margarita after work.

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Poor Lisa. Come to NY and we will do yoga together. We can stalk Bradley Cooper afterward.

I keep seeing this actress from "Kissing Jessica Stein" in my neighborhood. It's the woman who was pregnant in the movie. So who knows, I might actually see Bradley someday...

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

You know, both my current and ex imaginary boyfriends are in NYC right now. Bradley is rehearsing for the play, and Marc is shooting a movie. :-)

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Hehe. It must be the place to be ;)

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger Lora said...

For some reason my response to this is an image of my mother singing "Did you ever have one of those days when you should have stayed in bed?"

Hope today is going better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home