Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Bummed, Bummer, Bummy

That sort of summarizes today.

The sky is gray and overcast and spitting bits of rain here and there.

I had a tooth cavity drilled and filled this morning. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I absolutely hate going to the dentist even for a cleaning, so it wasn't really a great start to the day. My jaw is still kind of sore and my head hurts. The novacaine is finally wearing off so I can actually drink. I think this is a good excuse for ice cream after work.

I was supposed to get a package today---and packages are one of my absolute favorite things in the whole wide world; seriously doesn't even matter what's in the box---but some idiot at FedEx couldn't "find" my address. My address is not hard to find. It's a sprawling apartment complex, for goodness sake. Just leave the darn thing at the office if you can't locate my specific apartment (which wouldn't even do you any good because it's the middle of the day and I'm at work so you'd have to leave it at the office anyway). Supposedly it's coming tomorrow. I want my package!

So given that the weather is crappy and I'm in a crappy mood and the trainer cancelled our appointment for tonight, I need to decide whether I'm going to go to the gym to run or to take a T'ai Chi class. In either case, I am going to the gym tonight. I tried a T'ai Chi DVD earlier in the week, but it was like those fitness shows on the cable access channels---Yoga in a Chair, Fitness for the Old and Infirm---very bad, very amateur, very unintentionally funny. Maybe I'll try the class.

And then get ice cream.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

ha...very unintentionally funny. like the movie teen witch. maybe i should try t'ai chi?

let me know what your package is ;)

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Diane Arias said...

Nothin' fancy to say today, just wanted you to know I checked in. However, the image of you laughing/exercising in your home to a poorly produced DVD while Rowen probably thinking you've completely gone over the edge puts a grin on my face. Unintentionally funny. New favorite phrase.

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Lora said...

The weather really got to me today too. I keep reminding myself how much we really need the rain.

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Adding insult to injury: My favorite pair of pjs finally gave up the ghost last night. They were very threadbare, and I was scooting around on the floor to play with Rowen last night. When I stood up, I had a big ol' hole in the butt. And not on the seam, even, so I can't really fix it.

So sad. :-(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home