Friday, November 18, 2005

Weekend Plans: The Puppy Powered Edition

I did not sleep well last night. Some strange dreams that I can barely remember and lots o’ bumps in the night. The only good thing about last night was that when I got up at 2 a.m. to check on one of those bumps, Rowen jumped into the bed and burrowed down at the bottom, where she stayed long enough to get my toes nice and toasty warm.

For lunch I had a plate full of Thanksgiving carbs---hash browns, potato salad, a roll, cake. So now I need a serious nap. But I can’t leave early because I’m already behind on hours, and I can’t look forward to a nap at home, because I know if I take a nap, I will not want to go to the gym afterward. Not that I want to go to the gym without the nap, either.

So time to think about a weekend full of naps. Except that I actually have some plans for this weekend.

Friday Night
* Running. Maybe. Really, at this point, I’m not sure I have the energy to get out of my chair, other than maybe to curl under my desk.
* DVDs. If Netflix comes through. Supposedly, I have episodes of Fame!, Alias, and Gilmore Girls on the way. Now, here’s the thing. I got an e-mail a week or two ago regarding a class action suit that has been settled with Netflix because they failed to meet their promise to deliver movies within 24 hours. But they still aren’t doing that! What gives? Netflix continues to annoy me. But I’m too lazy to drive all over town looking for DVDs that the stores may or may not have.
* Sexy men. If Borders has the new People on the shelf. Yesterday, they still had the one with Kenny Chesney on the cover.

Saturday
* Making up hours at work. Yawn.
* Meeting two of Rowen’s siblings at the dog park. Just thinking about Rowen times three makes me need that nap even more.
* Obedience class. The first day of intermediate level. I just hope my lazy parenting doesn’t make her look like the slow kid in class.
* Maybe a movie, maybe not. I’m behind on my Christmas knitting. I had wanted to have the afghan done by now, but I’m only done with 3 of the 5 panels and I still have the assembly after that. So I might stay in to work on that. I’m aiming to finish it during Thanksgiving weekend.

Sunday
* Running. Absolutely.
* Finishing my statement for my first grad school application.
* Walking with Rowen. I’m kind of hoping that the combo of playing with her sibs and going to obedience class will wear her out enough that I can get away with a short walk. I know: Not likely. But a girl can dream, right? And this is really no more farfetched than my dream of Bradley Cooper showing up at my front door wearing nothing but an apron and carrying a German chocolate cake on a day that I have magically become a size 6, had my hair done, and am not wearing my threadbare flannel pj bottoms with a stained t-shirt from college and granny pants. Totally within the realm of (absolutely never, ever) possible.
* Church.
* Pax Christi meeting.

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

My people will talk with Bradley's people, and see what we can do ;)

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

He's going to be in NYC for a play this spring. The one with Julia Roberts. Perhaps you could do some stalking for me. ;-)

 
At 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get some tips from Bdogg, just in case Bradly shows up. She said she looks good even when she is lounging around the house. I was most impressed!

German chocolate. Yum.

Sexy men. Yum.

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Seriously, Bdogg, what is up with that?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home