Thursday, November 17, 2005

Running Report: Week 11

Well, so for those who aren't as obsessed with my life as I am, Friday didn't turn out so well and I didn't go running then. But by Sunday, I got my butt back in gear.

Sunday: 2/3 walk-run intervals at the usual 15 min/12 min paces. And it felt good!
Monday & Tuesday: Quick 1 mile walks with Rowen.
Wednesday: 2/3 walk-run intervals. Dragged but didn't totally suck.

AND I'm still doing my 8 Minutes in the Morning workouts. Hurting like crazy today because yesterday included pushups and today had arm lifts. Pushups are my personal hell.

Still waiting for the needle to start moving in the other direction, though.

6 Comments:

At 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oof, I hate doing the push-ups in my classes. I always try to imagine that I am GI Jane. ;-)

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

I find yoga pushups (caturanga into upward dog) much easier, and I think they probably strengthen your arms just as much.

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I agree with Bearette....

Lisa, are your clothes fitting any differently? I think that's more gratifying than the number on the scale!!! :) Good for you keeping everything up!

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

If by "differently" you mean "tighter" then, yeah.

The yoga pushups are harder on my lower back (because I have wimpy abs---working on that!). I cheat on the regular pushups by doing them on my knees.

 
At 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only a half-serious goal of being able to do a one-armed push-up someday.

As in, I think it would be cool, but I don't know if I'm willing to do the work to get there. :-)

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Do you hold the other arm along the side of your body, or out like a wing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home