Friday, October 21, 2005

Weekend Plans

Sniffle. Cough. Wheeze. Sniffle. Cough. Wheeze.

Repeat ad infinitum and you've got the gist of my weekend plans. Yep, I've got a full-blown cold that has taken up residence in my upper respiratory system. Which means I'm doing a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Which isn't really that different from any other weekend. Except that this weekend, I won't even make an attempt at being less than a hermit other than to take Rowen to the dog park. I really do believe that no one should have to listen to someone sniffling, coughing, mouth breathing, and generally sounding disgustingly germy in public. It's bad enough that I'm subjecting my coworkers to it.

Most of the weekend will consist of my staples: a large stack of DVDs and an equally large stack of magazines. One difference: I'll probably actually buy a bunch of tabloid mags rather than reading them at the bookstore for the aforementioned reason.

Also keeping me busy this weekend:
* Lots o'naps, preferably under the influence of many drugs.
* Dog park, because otherwise Rowen will make me crazy all weekend. But she's just going to have to find someone else to play with her while we're there.
* Studying for the GRE. I realize what a futile effort it is to try to study while drugged and feeling horrendous, but I only have two weeks to go and much to memorize.
* Work. I'm even more behind on hours than usual. Depending on how long I last today, I'll be between 10 and 12 hours short. I'm hoping to make up at least half of those by working from home this weekend.
* Crafts. The afghan sort of stalled this week because trying to focus on two things at once (DVD and knitting) was more than my congested, drug-addled mind could handle. But I need to get back on it so I can finish that, plus the two scarves I'm planning to make and the cross-stitch for my aunt I need to finish. And, really, if I'm going to do homemade gifts for Christmas, I need to think ahead a little more.

I also might try reading if I can get my vision to unblur for more than a few minutes at a time.

Oh, look at the time. I think I can take more meds now. Joy.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I love naps aided by drugs. They can be so much more peaceful, although I tend to wake up super groggy.

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Yay! Drugs! (just kidding)

Hope you feel better soon.

I find that Nyquil always works.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home