Friday, June 03, 2005

You Decide!

So despite your complete indifference to my previous pleas for input, I'm once again turning my decision making over to you.

It's just about the time for me to renew my magazine subscriptions. For those of you who either know me or have been following along for more than a week, you know that I like magazines. My current subscriptions incude

* Entertainment Weekly
* America
* Vanity Fair
* Runners World
* Yoga Journal
* The Atlantic

I also regularly buy
* New York Review of Books
* US Weekly
* In Style
* The Oxford American
* Harper's
* Bust
* Ode
* Cooking Light
* Utne Reader
* Sojourners

And then there are the handful of others that I pick up occassionally because its a new title or has an interesting cover story.

Please note that neither subscribe nor buy equates with read. I have a growing pile of unread magazines that date back as far as last August.

Of these magazines, I actually read Entertainment Weekly, Bust, US, In Style, and Ode cover to cover. I read parts of Utne, Sojourners, Runners World, and Yoga Journal. I skim through the front matter and pictures in Vanity Fair and eventually do read most of it, although I'm months behind. The rest, I have very good intentions of reading but rarely ever open.

So here's where you come in. I need you to vote for the ones to which I should subscribe in the coming year. Feel free to suggest new ones that I've missed.

Thanks for your help in fostering my codependency!

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you answered your own question! Subscribe to the ones you actually read, pick up the rest if and when they interest you. Something I do with magazines that I only read part of or am only really interested in a particular article is make a note of it and then read it online.

I feel a lot less guilty about throwing away a forgotten note than a stack of unread magazines.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home