Tuesday, May 31, 2005

On the Nightstand

Really, I should just rename this "On the Pile." Because that's where these books really are. This week, I added to the pile*:

The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston
Because I broke out the summer clothes this weekend. Literally.

The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman
Because as much as I'd like to join a commune and live in a yurt, I have no practical skills. At all. So I'd better learn how to live like a good little capitalist.

Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life by The Dalai Lama
I want to be a good person. I do. If only there weren't so many stupid and annoying people in the world.

Speaking of, while looking for the link to Open Heart, I found that The Dalai Lama has a book called The Art of Happiness at Work, and now I want that one, too.

Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood: An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller
Should I ever, God forbid, have children, I'm absolutely moving to a remote third-world nation so that they can have something to write about.

The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini
I bought it for my mother, but I'm going to read it first.

And because just what I need are more ideas for books to read, Bookslut has started posting summer reading lists.

*In my defense, the first four were bought at Half-Price Books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home