Friday, May 27, 2005

Weekend Plans

As my regular readers know, Weekend Plans are a recurring Friday feature. And as my regular readers also know, I usually list my weekend plans in all their pathetic truth.

This week, I contemplated a change because I have a new reader. Who happens to be friends with my college boyfriend.* And there are few things that rank as more mortifying than having your college boyfriend know that your life is an empty wasteland of unfulfilled dreams and lonely nights. So I thought about embellishing a bit this week. Making my life seem more exciting than it is. Inventing a few dates, pretending I have friends. I also thought about just dropping Weekend Plans until this particular reader gets bored of All Tom & Katie All the Time.**

But then I thought, What the heck. So my life isn’t exactly how I planned it. But it isn’t entirely pathetic.*** And I need to stop worrying so much about what others think. I am who I am, and I’m starting to be okay with that. Most of the time, anyway. So here it is.****

Friday
Keeping with the brand spankin’ new routine: Yoga and a DVD/magazine binge. I might throw in a short walk with Rowen if weather allows.

Saturday
* Running. Been way too long.
* Taking Rowen to the groomer for a bath, nail clipping, ear cleaning, and tooth brushing.
* Starting Advanced Basic Training with Rowen. I stand by my assertion that she is the perfect puppy, but she could perhaps be a little more perfect.
* Shopping for cute stationary stuff. I’ve been in a bummy mood all week, and the only things that cheer me up more than books are fun paper products and multicolored pens (bonus if the pens are glittery).
* Cleaning Rowen’s crate.
* Cleaning the kitchen. Something’s smelling rather funky.
* Writing. I’m hoping to make this a writing-filled weekend. I have multiple projects in various stages and some due dates coming up.

Sunday
* Swimming. Or possibly the elliptical machine. We’ll see what I feel like.
* Religious services.
* Possibly a post-mass lunch.
* Dog park. Duh.
* More writing.
* Working on the cross-stitch that I started last night (thanks to Mel for the loan of Coldplay). Mind you, I've finished all of three letters and have already messed it up. Oh well.

Monday
A day off work!
* Some form of exercise. Considering either a circuit class or maybe a spinning class. Any opinions?
* More writing.
* Finishing the cross-stitch.
* Some form of activity with Rowen. Depends on the weather. A hike if the temp is cool enough. Otherwise, dog park again.
* General laziness.

* For the record, I broke up with him.
** I give it another week.
*** Okay, maybe it is.
**** I thought about prefacing this with a long, philosophical observation about writing as the act of exposing one’s self and blah blah blah. But I was worried that my regular readers would hurt themselves laughing at the thought of me being philosophical. And I don’t want to hurt my regular readers. The irregular ones? Well, I might want to hurt them a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home