Monday, December 17, 2007

Whew

How can one week be both so long and so short?

But about 15 minutes ago, I e-mailed my final paper to my professor, and I am done! Yay! Two weeks to be as lazy as I wanna be: catching up on television, reading trashy chick lit, reading trashier magazines, getting drunk off punch and cookies. And as much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I'd really like to get to the gym and maybe even run or hike outside a bit. Weeks of being trapped indoors and in my desk chair have me feeling like a blob.

Most of that will have to wait a few days, though. Today, I need to do a cleaning spree and run a million errands and pack so that I can get on the road tomorrow for the two-day drive back to my parents' house in Pennsylvania.

In other news, I found out why my professors were congratulating me: I got a travel award from the department to do predissertation research this summer. It's a small award----doesn't even cover my airfare---but every little bit helps. I'm actually more excited just to know that the faculty think my research topic is worthwhile.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Yay for awards! It's nice to get the recognition for your topic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home