Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Quizmaster Edition

1. Why am I not allowed to dispose of my dog's poo in the regular trash collection? Because I live in a condo and don't have a private backyard, I have to bag Rowen's poo each time she goes. But I'm not allowed to simply throw the bag in the trash. I'm supposed to flush the poo down the toilet. Which is, sorry, gross. And often not feasible given the, um, . . . composition of her poo. Not to mention the various leaves and twigs that get picked up in the scooping process. But aside from the logistical difficulties of flushing dog poo, I just don't understand the reason for it. Dog poo certainly can't be any more hazardous to the environment than a pile of dirty diapers. And it doesn't save on plastic---I would still have to ditch the scoop bag every time. Anyone got a good reason why I can't dispose of my dog's poo in the trash? (This is a Madison city requirement, not just a condo rule.)

2. Why am I in grad school?

3. Why is it so hard for people to figure out that they need to let people OUT of the elevator BEFORE they get on the elevator?

4. Why must teenage girls always walk with a minimum of three across?

5. Why do I procrastinate on paying my bills even when I have the money in the bank? I know I'm going to get late fees and calls from bill collectors. But still I put it off. Why?

6. Why are all other electronic gizmos getting less expensive but televisions are getting more expensive? Even the most basic 13-inch TVs are at least $100!

7. What is wrong with Britney?

8. Am I ever going to have another date in this lifetime? Or should I just accept the celibate life? Seriously, folks. I broke up with my last boyfriend nine years ago! And please don't make me tell you how long it has been since I've been on a date. Admittedly being single is a thousand times preferable to being with my last boyfriend, but still . . .

9. What color should I paint the accent wall in my living room? I'm trying to find just the right shade of reddish-brown or brownish-red with a hint of orange so that it looks kind of exotic and earthy next to the buttery yellow without looking like I'm opening a McDonald's in my home.

10. Why did I ever think it was a good idea to paint my living room to begin with?

11. Would it be wrong to shave Rowen? I love my dog, and I love sweaters. But the two loves do not mix well.

12. Which movie should I see this weekend: Michael Clayton, Rendition (Reese!), or Into the Wild?

13. What should my Halloween costume be: cowgirl or pirate? In other words, should I buy a cute pair of cowboy boots or a cool pair of black knee-high boots?

3 Comments:

At 5:35 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

4. Because they are hopeless herd animals, whose identity depends on the group ;)

5. My mom always said, "Why should they get interest on it when you can?" Of course, I have a checking account so this reasoning doesn't apply. But I tend to wait till near the due date to send in my payment anyway.

11. Maybe, b/c winter is coming :)

13. That's a tough one. In Austin, I would definitely have said the cowboy boots.

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger artemisia said...

2. Be honest with yourself and you'll figure it out. Really.

12. I am planning on seeing one of those two shows this weekend, too. Maybe we should plan to see the same one so we can chit chat about it on Monday?

13. Black knee high boots. But you'd be cute as hell in cowboy boots.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Black Sheeped said...

1. I think it has something to do with methane. Soooomething. I'm not going to try to find out if our town has this rule, however, because we're in trouble if they do. I'd rather live in ignorant bliss and keep throwing the poop away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home