Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Thanksgiving Thirteen

I do an awful lot of griping on this blog. When I get around to posting, that is. But if I'm honest with myself, I have an extremely blessed life. So here's a few things I'm thankful for:

1. Snow! We got our first measurable snowfall last night. And about darn time, too.

2. My family.

3. Corn pudding and stuffing. I'm wearing my stretch pants to dinner. Yes, I am.

4. My friends.

5. My home. And my (mostly) quiet neighbors.

6. High-speed Internet access.

7. Rowen.*

8. The opportunity to be in grad school.

9. Libraries. And library video games.

10. Repo! The Genetic Opera! The first time I saw a reference to this, I thought the person was making it up. But I am thankful that I live in a world where this movie is made.

11. Buffy Season 8.

12. Friday Night Lights. Seriously, y'all, if you aren't already watching this, you need to start. I watched the first season on DVD, and thank goodness NBC has this season on its Web site. Because really . . . I knew how the first season ended and still, during the final episode, I was sitting on the edge of my seat with tears streaming down my face and cheering out loud for a fictional high school football team. It's just that good. And even if you aren't into sports dramas (which I really do love), you need to watch this show. For a show about overly testosteroned boys, FNL has some of the best written and acted female roles on television. Connie Britton deserves an Emmy.

13. Guilty pleasures and mindless fun.

And, now, both the Internet and my computer are acting like they've had too much turkey, so I'm off to make some corn pudding and stuffing.

Happy Thanksgiving!



*Although she's currently in trouble for running away from me when I let her off leash last night to play in the snow.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Great post! I agree 100% with you about Friday Night Lights. Love that show. I think that coach is a great actor!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home