Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nerd Alert

I think I may officially be the nerdiest person on earth.

I was at the bookstore today. While there, I thought to myself, "I wonder if there are any new and exciting grammar books."

Yes, I really did.

But it gets nerdier. Because there was indeed an exciting (and newish) grammar book:

I actually got excited by, bought, and plan to spend my afternoon reading a book on the history and lost art of sentence diagramming.

All hail the Queen of the Nerds.

5 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

You might also want to check out the Deluxe Transitive Vampire ;) No sentence diagramming, alas.

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Wow. I feel ya, dude. I'm that way with books about linguistics. :)

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

i might have to get this myself. i'm intrigued by the bit about diagramming authors' sentences and seeing what it reveals about them. plus, we never learned diagramming in school :(

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Wow, I don't want to say that you are a nerd, but WOW.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Frema said...

Ah, word diagrams! I haven't thought of those since grad school.

(Also, thanks for stopping by my blog tonight!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home