Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Apartment Update

So I went down to the courthouse bright and early this morning. The law resource center at the courthouse has a lawyer available on Tuesday mornings for free consultations about small claims cases. He said that I have a "better than average" chance at winning my case, but he wasn't entirely reassuring. He also informed me that I can't file a claim until the end of the summer because I have to incur the actual financial damages first; I can't file in anticipation of the damages. Which means that if I can't sublet the place to someone else, I've got to find an extra $1700 for the rent.

Oy vey.

So I am trying to re-sublet the apartment. I was going to try re-subletting regardless of what the lawyer had said because (a) I'm a nice person and (b) it would save a lot of headaches for me. I had one person come today, but he called tonight to say that he was going with another place. Two people are scheduled to come tomorrow.

Light candles, say prayers, sacrifice animals and small children---whatever you do to bring good luck, please do it this week for me!

4 Comments:

At 6:56 PM , Blogger artemisia said...

Absolutely! A candle is lit for you as I type!

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Good luck, L.

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Best of luck with this mess! i am feeling for you.

 
At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice Alex so I threw out one of his rattiest toys instead. Hope it works for ya.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home