Friday, March 24, 2006

Weekend Plans: The End of the Committee

Yep. That’s right. This weekend marks the end of my committee commitment. After the hunger banquet on Saturday, I am getting myself off that committee. No more listening to me whine about well-meaning but overbearing church ladies and meetings that serve no purpose but to annoy me. Like the one last night, where we were supposed to have a “dress rehearsal,” but no one could figure out the sound system and the Chair spent entirely too long explaining the list of duties needed during the banquet and then getting volunteers for the duties (never heard of a sign-up sheet?) and then deciding that we wouldn’t assign duties ahead of time, we’ll just figure it out as we go. No more of that! But I’m still committed for this weekend.

Friday
I really should go to the gym. I haven’t been since last Friday. And I’m bloated. And I ate way too many cookies this week (really yummy oatmeal, chocolate-chip cookies). But . . . I have to finish making posters for the hunger banquet. And I’ve been really tired all week, so I’m looking forward to getting into my jammies, making a cup of tea, and reading A Dirty Job, which totally has me hooked after 30 pages. Damn you, Christopher Moore!

Saturday

Up early to get the car to the garage for it’s maintenance. Then taking Rowen out to the park. And after that: Hunger Banquet! Setting up for the banquet, sitting around twiddling my thumbs, trying to look busy, trying not to visibly roll my eyes at anyone, helping at the banquet, cleaning up after the banquet, and escaping as soon as humanly possible (Rowen always makes a handy excuse for this---her bladder can only hold for so long, after all---and really our committee is large enough that we should have assigned set up and tear down crews but what do I know anyway).

Sunday
I don’t even know. My brain won’t allow me to see past the hunger banquet. I’m sure it will involve some combination of reading, crafting, puppy time, and naps.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Yay! puppy time...I'm glad you are tossing in the towel with the committee.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger SK said...

I wanted to go see RD girls on Sunday but tix are like $20 bucks.. I don't think I want to go THAT bad... right?

Snoopy dance for end of committe!

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

You probably want to save that $20 for other things. *wink wink*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home