Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Apologies

I'm sorry. You're getting more blog quizzes. Because I've got nothing. Unless you want to hear my whine about my gut. And, yes, I now officially have a gut. It's no longer a pouch, a belly, or even a roll. It's a gut. It forces my my pants down to my hips and rolls itself over my waistband like I'm a 50-year-old, beer-swillin' man.

Or I could tell you the misadventures of lunch, because I'm sure you'd be thrilled to no end to find out that I went to the library to pick up the three books I had on reserve (all graphic novels---and no, I don't mean like that, Bearette, you have a dirty mind---my first foray into that genre) and then I got stuck waiting for the world's longest train to pass by and then I saw a dog that was obviously lost because I don't really think he (?) lives in the middle of the road or even really meant to be there. Another driver managed to shoo him safely to the side of the road but then took off, so I did a u-turn to see if I could get him in my car (I could see that he had tags), but he was gone. I drove around the neighborhood once just to check for him, but he had disappeared and now I feel bad that I didn't react more quickly. I looked again on my way back to work but he was gone.

So instead of all that, I'm giving you more blog quizzes. Sorry.

Your Monster Profile
Mad Vagabond
You Feast On: Fried Twinkies
You Lurk Around In: The Empire State Building
You Especially Like to Torment: Hicks



You Are a Boston Creme Donut
You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.


You Are Chubby Hubby Ice Cream
So there's more of you to love... a whole lot more!


Okay, so that last one? So not funny.

16 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

hee! those are all food related. and yes, i know they are comic books for grownups ;) like ghost world...

that's sad about the doggy :(

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Mad Beheader

You Feast On: Olives

You Lurk Around In: Wal-mart

You Especially Like to Torment: Your Evil Twin

This is really spectacularly off...i don't really like olives and i avoid wal-mart ;)

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

i'm boston creme also. but i like honey dipped!

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love Boston Creme---and Chubby Hubby---but I'm not so sure about the fried twinkies. And I've never been to the Empire State Building.

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Basilisk Ogre

You Feast On: Grass

You Lurk Around In: Roller Rinks

You Especially Like to Torment: Priests

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Eric said...

MANY comics have complex "adult" themes, plots, and characters, not just the literary ones. You like chick lit, I like sci-fi, no need to imply that that someone is underdeveloped because they like certain genres that may not appeal to you. I smell a double standard here...Captain Hypocrisy killer to the rescue ;-p "Sequential art," as the super nerdy folks like to call it, has come a long way from men and women in tights beating up things. However, believe it or not there are SOME really well written and/or drawn books that do include the occasional person in tights wreaking havoc.

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Wait, those quotes didn't do what they were supposed to, aggh, I'm NOT talking about naughty stuff. I promise. Really. I'm not.

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger Eric said...

You Are a Glazed Donut

Okay, you know that you're plain - and you're cool with that.
You prefer not to let anything distract from your sweetness.
Your appeal is understated yet universal. Everyone dig you.
And in a pinch, you'll probably get eaten.

 
At 2:47 PM , Blogger Eric said...

You Are The Godfather Ice Cream

Someone crosses you, and they'll end up with a scoop of this in their bed

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Eric said...

I'm actually totally ok with all of today's results. You've got to stop putting these things up or I'll never get any work done. Why am I such a sucker for these things? I have resisted many a web quiz. I think it is the fact that these are nice and short AND you get a picture with your results. I like pictures.

 
At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My monster profile:
Behemoth Gaze
You Feast On: Pickles
You Lurk Around In: Movie Theaters
You Especially Like to Torment: Blondes (hehe)

I am a Glazed Donut
Okay, you know that you're plain - and you're cool with that.
You prefer not to let anything distract from your sweetness.
Your appeal is understated yet universal. Everyone dig you.
And in a pinch, you'll probably get eaten.

I am Chocolate Fudge Brownie
You just don't know when you've had enough (or too much)!

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Simmer down, lil'E. I wasn't implying that there was anything wrong with comics/graphic novels/sequential art/whatever you want to call them. I was making a bad joke about the term "graphic"---as in sexual. Because a certain reader who shall remain nameless (but we all know it's Bearette) has, in the past, interpretted innocent statements as being dirty. Geez. Come on my blog and get all uppity. ;-)

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

L'il E, we all know that comic books are high art ;) Now I have to figure out what ice cream I am.

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

i'm dublin mudslide ice cream. huh? everyone knows chunky monkey is the best.

 
At 6:10 AM , Blogger Frema said...

Chunky Monkey IS the best!

I got Phish food. Bah.

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Eric said...

Sorry, I get the "you're an adult and you read comics?" with condescending looks so much that I get defensive without meaning to. I'm not saying they're all great, it's like anything else, probably 70% are pure drivel. Then you have to filter by personal preferences through the remainder that actually has many redeeming qualities. Really though, some comics are quite stunning as fiction AND art simultaneously.

Now you just mind your Ps and Qs or you'll wake up with a scoop of this in your bed! ;-p (this is a reference to my ice cream flavor, The Godfather Ice Cream, I am NOT being naughty, really, I'm not, truly). I have to admit, the Ben & Jerry's are a bit too much for me though. I actually prefer old school simple ice creams, lighter on the cream content, fewer flavors comingling--cookies and cream or rocky road from 31 flavors or the local creamery (Blue Bell here).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home