Friday, February 03, 2006

Weekend Plans

So I have this whole list of things that I should do this weekend: making up hours at work, reading the books I have to review, writing an op-ed on school finance, cleaning my apartment, washing my laundry, going to the gym.

Then I have this whole list of things that I want to do this weekend: sleeping, playing with crafts, reading other books, playing with Rowen, watching movies.

I’ve become addicted to the Craftster Web site, which has inspired me to work on some of my own crafts---something I haven’t done in a couple of weeks due to lack of time, lack of energy, and lack of creativity. Plus, I really have to get started on the gifts for my sister’s wedding and shower. Mind you, I’m still working on the scarf for my uncle that was supposed to be a Christmas gift. Yeah. So I’d really like to find some time this weekend do to some crafting.

The rest, well this is the tentative plan.

Friday Evening
* Buying new pajamas because the only pair that fit me died a sad death earlier in the week.
* Picking up my package IF FedEx delivers it, which they STILL haven’t. And, yes, I would like some cheese with my whine, thank you very much.
* Cleaning out the fridge. I last ordered pizza three weeks ago. Yet there is still a pizza box in the fridge. I think it might be time to do a purge.
* Going to the gym. Elliptical and weights, I think. Friday nights are usually quiet at the gym---everyone else has a life---so I can actually get on the machines that I want to use.
* Laundry.
* Knitting & DVDs. And I still have some Chunky Monkey left from earlier in the week.

Saturday
* Taking Rowen for a long walk at McKinney Falls.
* Sitting in the sunshine with a book, probably on my balcony because it is way too much effort to drive somewhere, find somewhere to park, find somewhere to sit, and deal with all the other people. I miss Rome. There were the hordes of people---most of whom were yakking on cell phones incessantly---Italians are even worse than Austinites about that---but I could walk down to St. Peter’s Square or along the river to Piazza Navona with a book and a journal and just enough euros to get a panini and a glass of wine and sit for hours undisturbed. And I could have brought Rowen with me, which I can no longer do in Austin because the Austin PD has nothing better to do than kick puppies off of porches.
* Cleaning.
* Crafting in some way, shape, or form.
* Possibly going to a movie. I have a list of ones I want to see. And there’s a documentary---This Land is Your Land---about the corporate takeover of the United States---which sounds really interesting, but it’s only playing at one theater about half an hour away and starts at 9.45 p.m., which is when I’m usually getting ready for bed. Even on a Saturday. So I might just wait for it to come out on DVD.

Sunday
* Gym. Cardio and weights. Sunday mornings are another quiet time at the gym, so again, I can actually do what I came to do and avoid the masses.
* Dog park.
* Work. I just can’t seem to get my 40 hours in each week. I dread coming in, so I get here later and later. And then I can’t wait to leave, so I ditch early almost every day. But then I just have to make up the hours on the weekend. Did I ever mention my gold medal in self-defeatist cycling?
* Reading.
* Writing the op-ed.
* Crafts, if I have time and energy left.

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

mmm...chunky monkey. i remember visiting a high school friend at UNH, with another friend, and we had a pint each.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Frema said...

I was going to comment on the Chunky Monkey, too! That is my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor. I could do without the walnuts, though. I always need a bowl for the ones I spit out. And that's the only bowl I use, because I eat straight from the carton.

How I ever managed to get engaged is beyond me.

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

My favorite is Peanut Butter Cup, but I thought I'd branch out a little.

Straight from the carton is the only way to eat good ice cream.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home