Friday, December 02, 2005

To My Coworkers

If any of you are still reading this blog . . . I apologize. Because today, I'm going to be tired, cranky, irritable, moody, morose, whiney, stinky, and generally horrible to be around. And I realize I'm like that every day, but today it will be to the power of a gazillion.

The first few hours of the detox diet weren't too bad---a little more tired than usual because I hadn't had any caffeine. But by lunch, I had a vise wrapped around my head and the little drummer boy had taken up residence in my frontal lobe. I couldn't concentrate, couldn't think, couldn't read. I just wanted to lay down. By the time I left work, the vise had tightened, the little drummer boy had invited a few of his friends to join him, and I was starting to feel queasy and light-headed. I really, really wanted to lay down. And I really, really, really wanted a soda, some tater tots, and a donut.

I went to bed at 9 o'clock last night.

How many hours until the weekend?

5 Comments:

At 8:05 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

@$&#!^$#, is that what caffeine withdrawal is like? Suddenly, I'm glad I can't touch the stuff.

Good luck!!! You can do it.

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Much of it is caffeine, but also the sugar withdrawal.

 
At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom went through caffeine w/d a few years ago. She was a high school teacher and drank several cups of coffee a day. She had to start mixing regular coffee grounds with ever-increasing amounts of decaf to "trick" her body...

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I don't consume huge amounts of caffeine---usually a cup of tea and one soda a day---but it's enough that I was hurting yesterday.

I don't have a headache today, but I am very tired.

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Ugh. It WILL get better, though....

I did Sugar Busters about three years ago and the withdrawal was hell for three days. After that, though, it was smooth sailing.

You're going to feel so much better when it all gets out of your system!

Listen to me--I'm sitting here with a Diet Coke beside me and have just eaten a PB&J sandwich--it was whole grain bread, though!

I used to be good. Really.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home