Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Whiney Wednesday

I'm tired. And cranky. I've been cramming math into my head and I'm stressed about the GRE and I can't sleep because I'm having weird dreams about math and the cast of Homicide: Life on the Street. I've lost the ability to spell or edit. And my dog is sick and woke me up sometime between 3 and 4 in the morning to take her outside. And I can't even be mad at her because it's not her fault.

I'm fed up with rude drivers who think that they are more important than anyone else on the road and have no consideration for anyone else's safety. I'm tired of people who don't use blinkers, who run red lights, who talk on the cell phone while driving, who don't know how to merge appropriately. I'm tired of people who don't use common sense, like yesterday, when I was driving in rush hour traffic, and I left a space between my car and the one in front so that I wouldn't be blocking an intersection in case an emergency vehicle needed to get through (which is what you are supposed to do), but some woman saw a way to get an advantage for herself, so she pulled into that spot and blocked the intersection. And how would she feel if a member of her family needed medical attention and the ambulance couldn't get through because someone was blocking an intersection onto a main road? (She then proceeded to gesticulate wildly because our lane wasn't moving---there was a van stalled several cars up---so she created a hazard AND got to her destination later than if she had stayed in her own lane. Gah.)

I hate rude people in general---people who have no awareness outside of themselves.

I hate my job and a little part of me dies every day that I'm here. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get into grad school.

I really hate people who don't scoop their dogs' poop. Because when I'm outside at 3 in the morning with my sick dog, I really don't want to have to negotiate a shitty minefield. And there are times when it is unavoidable---when your dog has diarrhea and the product just isn't scoopable. Or you think your dog is done, so you scoop the poop and tie the bag closed and then she decides to go again and you don't have another bag with you (although you should then make a mental note of where the poo is and pick it up the next time you go out). BUT I can tell that there are serial nonscoopers taking their dogs to the grass behind my apartment. And that just creates an unsanitary condition for my dog and a nuisance for everyone else. You are not so special that you can't stoop down and pick up your own dog's poo.

I'm annoyed with people who, when you run into them somewhere, are all effusive and friendly and huggy, but always have to rush off somewhere and can't be bothered to pick up the phone to return your calls.

I'm freaked about the GRE and about getting into grad school. And I'm sad because I realized that no matter how I do on the GRE on Friday, I don't have anyone to commiserate with or celebrate with. At least no one in person.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

I'm sorry your Wednesday sucks. I am sure you will do well on the GRE though. I just know it :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home