Thursday, November 03, 2005

Running Report: Week Nine

And there's actually some running to report!

Friday & Sunday: An easy 30 minutes on the eliptical machine to make sure that my upper-respiratory system was up to doing cardio.

Wednesday: 3/2 walk/run intervals for 30 minutes at a 15-min walk pace and 12-min run pace. On the treadmill with some newly downloaded tunes on my mp3. Didn't totally suck, but I'm sore today.

Plus, I'm still doing the 8 Minutes in the Morning workouts. I'm hurting in a very bad way from the push-ups yesterday. And my abs are less than happy after the leg pulls this morning (which makes my coughing fits just a little extra fun this morning).

But my Path to Pretty has to get seriously fast-tracked: My sister wants me to try on bridesmaid dresses while I'm home at Christmas. Never mind that I get in at MIDNIGHT on Thursday (which means that I won't actually get to my parents' house until the wee hours of Friday morning) and I have only three days to relax, be jolly, and hang out with my family (and never mind that I see my parents for a total of about two weeks a year, whereas K lives 30 minutes from them, and I see the rest of my relatives exactly once a year and I won't get to see any of my friends). Never mind all that. I have to spend my Friday before Christmas shopping for a bridesmaid dress.

Bah humbug.

Oh, and did I mention that she's floating the idea of LIGHT GREEN dresses? A color which does not look good on any Caucasians, really, and looks horrendous on me.

Gah.

So here's the plan: I'll join the army but then desert right before our first weapons training and get thrown into a military prison for a few months, thus preventing me from being in the wedding.

Because if I simply fled the country, K would send a bounty hunter after me.

The Running Tunes
Ready to Run (Dixie Chicks)
Wide Open Spaces (Dixie Chicks)
Piece of My Heart (Faith Hill)
Here for the Party (Gretchen Wilson)
Pony (Kasey Chambers)
I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (Martina McBride)
Shine On (Rascall Flatts)
I'm Going to Take That Mountain (Reba McEntire)
Something More (Sugarland)
No Fear (Terri Clark)
I Like It, I Love It (Tim McGraw)
Where the Green Grass Grows (Tim McGraw)

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Hehe...i didn't realize light green didn't look good on most Caucasians! I guess it doesn't. Maybe it might look good on a redhead though? Or someone very fair-skinned, with no olive tones in her complexion? I kind of avoid light green, yellow and orange.

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Tim McGraw...I heart Tim McGraw.

 
At 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been a bridesmaid, can you believe it?

I don't listen to much country, but I have always loved "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. I like to listen to it when I'm feeling nostalgic.

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Kim said...

I heart Garth Brooks too.

I have never been a bridesmaid either but will be one in March. Luckily my friend Julie has picked a nice maroonish color that I can pull off.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home