Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's Bipolar Day!

I woke up in a rotten mood because I hadn't slept well thanks to my own overindulgence in candy and Rowen's craziness.

I forced myself into a slightly better mood when I saw the sun starting to shine.

Then I stepped on the scale. And my mood plummeted into the netherworld. My weight has gone up. Again. Damn holiday candy. But I did go to the gym twice this past weekend. And I've been doing my 8 Minutes in the Morning faithfully. Gah.

I need to get serious about losing this weight, though. I'd like to lose 10 lbs by the time I go home at Christmas. And my sister got engaged over the weekend, so I'd like to take off another 30 between Christmas and her wedding so that I won't look like a total cow in a bridesmaid dress. All of which is totally doable, if I would just stop sabotaging myself (my nutritionist and my therapist agree that I have "rebel" attitude toward food that is getting in the way of losing the weight).

So that has me in a rotten, foul, horrible mood.

But I put on the zen meditation music for the drive in and my mood began to improve. And the first half hour at work wasn't too bad.

Then things went downhill. Again. I have two coworkers who seem to think that it is in their job descriptions to make me feel stupid and inept. And they do that part of their job well.

So now I'm pouting in my office and power-eating candy corn while feeling the fat rolls growing around my waistband. Poor me.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Poor Lisa! I hope your day gets better.

 
At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-(

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

:( Indeed!

It will be better tomorrow. Everyone has their off days!

I'm sending you some good vibes...

Oooohhhmmmmmm
Ooooohhhhmmmmm
(hee hee, like the chanting?)

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Frema said...

I have issues with my weight, too, but I'm not nearly as proactive as you are. I joined Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and lost about 17 pounds and have gained it all back. I'm less concerned with the number on the scale and more horrified by the pouch I'm sporting. I have Great Ideas about exercising and cutting down on my snacking but can't seem to get motivated.

So, in short, I feel you, sister!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home