Friday, October 28, 2005

Weekend Plans: A Buzz Killer

It’s Friday. I’ve had a LOT of sugar today. And I’m cranky as all *&((. So let’s think ahead to the weekend.

Friday Night
* Gym. I’ll probably do an easy 30 minutes on the eliptical because I’m still congested and coughing. But I don’t want to feel like I’m totally wasting my money on the gym membership.
* DVDs. If I have any DVDs left to watch. I’ve been absolutely wiped at the end of the day for the past three days, so I’ve been zoning out to the first season of Veronica Mars (lives up to the hype---and Kyle Secor!) and the fourth season of Alias (no Will, but how much do I love Weiss this season; although, seriously, is Jennifer Garner’s torso so long that there isn’t a single shirt in LA that can cover both her cleavage and her belly at the same time?).
* Knitting. I’ve started the third panel (of five) for the afghan. So far, only minor oopsies.

Saturday
* Dog park. Of course.
* Texas Book Festival. If I’m feeling really motivated. Last year’s festival was so-so---a few authors I really wanted to see and some interesting panels. This year’s line up is a big snore. There are a couple of big names---but you had to get wristbands for those readings ages ago. And, quite frankly, even the biggest of the big names haven’t written anything I’m all that interested in reading or hearing about. Saturday there are two panels that sound promising: I’ve Been Banned (Chris Crutcher, David Levithan, Patricia McCormick, and Sarah Weeks) and Found in Translation: Writers & Their Translators (Liliana Valenzuela, Nina Marie Martinez, Edith Grossman, and Mayra Montero).
* Studying for the GRE. One week to go! And I’m so gonna fail it.
* Reading. Forget the festival; I have a stack of books that I’m actually interested in and several of them have due dates that are approaching quickly.
* Knitting and DVDs.

Sunday
* Walk or dog park. Haven’t decided which.
* Texas Book Festival. Again, a maybe, because the lineup is meh. Robert Boynton is discussing The New New Journalism. And there are two panels that peaked my interest, although they are at the same time: Boots on the Ground---An Intimate View of America in Iraq (George Packer, Michael Goldfarb, John Crawford, and Nathaniel Fick) and Lockdown---Growing Up Behind Bars in Texas (Steve Liss, John Hubner, and Jim Willett). I may also try to catch Doris Kearns Goodwin's reading. We’ll see.
* More GRE studying.
* More reading.
* Maybe some apartment cleaning.
* Crafting (of some sort).
* Gym. Treadmill if I’m feeling up to it; eliptical if I’m not.

Gah. Just typing this is bringing down my sugar high. I need to get a life. And some friends.

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I loved Alias. Note the past tense of the word "love."

This season is an utter disappointment. It has been my favorite show since the very first episode, and now I'm not very interested at all. In fact, we were at Best Buy and the DVDs were out and on sale, and I'm just so upset over this season that I couldn't bring myself to buy them.

I did, though, put it on my Amazon wish list. Maybe I'll get them for Christmas....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home