Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Meme!

Thank goodness for Poppy Cede! I had no idea what to post today until she put up a meme (most of the thoughts I'm having right now are ones that I'm not sure I want to share on a blog that's read by people I know).

Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Cal Ripken, Jr., and Steve Gutenberg

Where was your first kiss?
Basement of Scott’s house when I was about five years old.

Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
Not that I can think of.

Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
Only in a martial arts class.

Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
How large is large? I’ve sung karaoke in front of a few dozen people. And choir in junior high.

What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
Hands and hair.

What is your biggest mistake?
Do I have to pick one? Probably giving up on journalism/writing as a career.

Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
I’ve tried to. In high school, I tried to break my toe to get out of running the mile for the Presidential Physical Fitness Test. It didn’t work.

Say something totally random about yourself.
I’m the only person I know who doesn’t love Austin.

Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Chelsea Clinton during her awkward years. Really.

Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
Yes!

Did you have braces?
Yes. And I need them again, but I keep putting it off.

Are you comfortable with your height?
No. I wish I were shorter, even though I’m not really all that tall (5’6”).

What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
Well, it should have been the sunset plane ride from Virginia across the Chesapeake Bay. But the guy I was with spent the whole time reminding me that we were “just friends” and I got seriously motion sick. Other than that----no one has ever really done something truly romantic for me. I’m usually the one making the romantic gestures.

When do you know it's love?
No idea.

Do you speak any other languages?
I don’t even speak English very well. But I can understand and read some French, Italian, Chichewa, Latin, and Spanish.

Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
No.

What magazines do you read?
Ode, Utne, Yoga Journal, Runner’s World, Atlantic, Harper's, Entertainment Weekly, US, Star, Life & Style, People, Vanity Fair, Sojourners, Cooking Light, ReadyMade, Bust, and any others that catch my eye or are left at work.

Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes.

Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Yes.

Do you watch MTV?
No.

What's something that really annoys you?
A million things. People who don’t use turn signals. People who stand in a line and don’t bother to get their ATM card/checkbook/etc. ready while they are waiting so that you have to wait even longer for them. People who don’t use common sense. Close talkers. I could go on and on . . . .

What's something you really like?
Watching television (even though I don’t have one). Chocolate. Fresh flowers. Water. Quiet. Travel.

Can you dance?
No.

What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
About 30 hours.

Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No, thank goodness.

4 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Good for you getting the 8 Minutes book! Now I have someone to talk shop with!

If you need any help or anything please let me know..... :)

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

;) I did this too!

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

What's the 8 Minutes book?

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

It's the Path to Pretty plan I'm on--the book I'm using is called "8 Minutes in the Morning."

Looks like Lisa might be starting too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home