Friday, September 30, 2005

Weekend Plans: The Heat Wave is Over!

I never thought I’d be so excited to have temperatures in the low 90s. And I plan to celebrate the fantastic weather by . . . spending most of the weekend indoors.

Friday Evening
* I should go to yoga. But I’m tired. And cranky. And I’ve been a lazy bum all week so why stop now. I think this will be a last minute decision.
* I have to return some books to the library. Even though I’m not finished with them. But they are due and I can’t renew again. So I’ll return them and then request them all again in a week!
* I’m going to try to finish Collapse before it is due back at the library next week. The pace is picking up---60+ pages on Montana got me off to a slow start, but the chapters on the East Polynesian islands were interesting---and I’m about a quarter of the way through. Well, a quarter of the way through a 500+ page book.
* I’ll have some food-type thing at some point in the evening.

Saturday/Sunday
Plans are a bit fuzzy right now because certain people won’t make a decision (yes, Lopez! and Chamizo, I mean you). But among the things that I plan to do at some point this weekend:
* See Serenity. You should see it, too. More than once, if possible. Even if you don’t like sci-fi/action. If you have ever liked any show on the WB, go see Serenity.
* Visit the library to search for articles by professors at the universities to which I am applying so I can kiss their butts in my personal statement. Basically, grad schools prefer to admit students who are interested in the research that their faculty is doing. So I need to find out what specifically the professors are working on and tailor my statement to that.
* Run.
* Take Rowen to the dog park and for a walk or two.
* Pay bills.
* Clean the bathroom.
* Attend a religious service.
* Continue reading Collapse.
* Study for the GREs. Especially geometry formulas.
* Fill out grad school applications.
* Make up a couple hours at work.

So not the most fun weekend ever. But maybe I’ll get to see the sun next weekend.

Sorry for the blah tone this week. I’m in a bad mood after getting an e-mail from someone who just puts me in a bad mood. And I don’t know why I don’t just ignore her e-mails or why I reply to them. And it wasn’t that she wrote anything specifically mean or annoying in her e-mail, but she irritates me anyway. I have several people in my life like this---just an e-mail or a conversation with them gets me into a foul mood. Know what I mean?

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Temperatures in the low 90s. Wow. It's in the 60s-70s here. I guess TX is a whole different ballgame.

Re the ppl who put you in a bad mood - I know exactly what you mean. I used to have one of those.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home