Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Singin' in the Rain*

Me, M from DC, and 65,000 strangers who I hope to God will bathe between days are attending this big three-day music festival called Austin City Limits, taking place this coming weekend. I'm stretching beyond my usual misanthropic shut-in routine to attend on Sunday; one day of blistering heat, drunken crowds, and second-hand buzz is my limit.

I actually was starting to get a little excited about it. A couple of groups I had heard before and wanted to see. I also found some groups that I previously hadn't heard but, after listening to them on Napster, have decided that I might like. My wish-list for the day: Eisley, Rachel Yamagata, Rilo Kiley, Jeff Black, The Decemberists, Wilco, and The Black Keys.

But . . . now it appears that instead of blistering heat, we'll have pouring rain and possibly high winds thanks to Hurricane Rita. So now I have to decide which of these groups do I want to hear enough to stand in the cold and rain. Any votes?**

Of course, hurricanes being what they are, my worry could be all for naught and we could be standing in the blistering sun.



*Not the most clever title---or, really, even clever at all. And in case you hadn't figured it out, there really isn't much of a point to this post except me thinking in writing and wanting something to post.
**Do you hear that? Yep, it's them crickets again.

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

I would cast my vote but I haven't heard any of those people's music. I like Rachel Yamagata's name though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home