Friday, September 16, 2005

Weekend Plans

It’s a Friday afternoon and I’ve just returned from my second lunch of the day. And we have a gossip trifecta: Kate caught skiing, Renee and Kenny caught frauding, and Gwyneth caught sticking her nose up the Queen’s %&#. Let’s face it: Ain’t nuttin’ getting done the rest of today.

Weekend plans are sparse because I’ll mostly be fitting two weekends of hermitting into one. Next weekend, I’ll be pulled out of my hovel, and I know it will be good for me, but much like taking vitamins, going to the dentist, and balancing my checkbook, I’d usually rather dig myself a deeper hole than pull myself out of the hole.

Friday Night
I should go to yoga. But I probably won’t. And I probably won’t do anything else redeeming, either. Well, maybe I’ll take the dog for a walk. And I have some cookies to drop off for some friends who are hosting family members displaced by Katrina.* But I’m mostly going to watch the second season of Alias and work on a pillow that I’ve been knitting for approximately 482 years.

Saturday/Sunday
One of the two days, I will get up early and go running. I have some hours to make up at work because I have very little leave time left and I need to save some of it for next week. Then I’ll probably take Rowen to the dog park. On Tuesday, I bought some pretty paper to use for journal covers, so I may make a couple journals. I also need to clean up the craft room so that my friend has someplace to sleep when she arrives. I might finally go see Wedding Crashers because I have a crush on Bradley Cooper or Just Like Heaven because I have a girl-crush on Reese Witherspoon. JLH is playing at the Alamo Drafthouse, so I can watch a sappy Reese romance while eating cheese fries. For the evenings, DVDs and knitting. I’ve still got Vera Drake, and I’m halfway through Hoosiers.** I also picked up Season 1 Disc 1 of Nip/Tuck, His Girl Friday, and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. And I still have the stack of library books that I’ve now renewed. But the Austin Public Library lets you renew only once, so I only have three weeks to read them.

I know, I know. I lead such an exciting life. Try not to be jealous.




*Before you go ordering my halo and wings, I made the cookies because I wanted them, but I also want to fit through my front door, so I can’t keep the whole batch. Some went to work, some are going to friends. Plus, wings make my ass look fat and the last thing I need is halo hair.
**For some reason, I really like sports movies. Even more than I like the actual sports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home