Thursday, September 08, 2005

Running Report

So I'm procrastinating at work today. The week off work made me even less motivated rather than rejuvinated.

I'm also distracted by major guilt about not giving my dog a big backyard and lots of playmates. She came back from doggy camp last night, and I tell myself that she's just tired, but really I think she's depressed to be back. For a week, she could run free all day with ten other dogs on three acres of farmland, not to mention go swimming in the pool as much as she wanted. Now she's back to spending her days in a crate in my apartment and her outdoor adventures involve me and a five-foot leash.

Anyway, to return to the subject of this post, I'm adding a new feature to the blog: a weekly running report. There was a time when I ran regularly. Last night was the first time I've run in about four months. But I've decided to get myself back on the running wagon and I have two goals (besides getting myself out of my funk):
* To lose the 35lbs I've put on since moving to Austin
* To run the Freescale half marathon in February 2006

Considering that last year at this time, I had started training for the FULL marathon, my second goal isn't all that ambitious. Yet somehow, now, the half seems just as impossible as the full.

To keep me (mostly) honest, I'll be posting a weekly report on my running progress. Let's start with last night: I ran one mile. On the treadmill at the gym. A very slow 13-minute mile. Most people can walk faster than I run. And my legs are hurting today. In my defense, I did do some weights after the run and I didn't stretch well because my blood sugar crashed, mostly because I didn't eat well yesterday (a fruit bar for breakfast, a Starbuck's muffin for lunch, and a couple bowls of potato chips). So I skipped the stretching and made a beeline for Krispy Kreme, averting a total meltdown but undoing any good I had done at the gym.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Congrats on the running! I know that is hard work. Did you see Liz's dog Alex in DC?

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks.

And no. I didn't know where he was staying. :-(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home