Monday, August 29, 2005

On the Pile

I've got some airport and flight time to fill this week, plus four days OFF WORK (and a weekend), so I might actually read some of the stuff that's on my pile this week.

American Dream by Jason DeParle
In case any of you were worried that I was giving up my self-induced depression by reading too many happy children's books, I added to the pile a downer about single mothers and welfare.

Collapse by Jared Diamond
And in case the suffering of poverty-stricken women and children isn't depressing enough, I've got one about the collapse of civilization.

Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld
So I admit that I want to read this book solely because it has one of those super-cute grosgrain ribbon belts on the cover. And I covet those belts.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

It was a good book, although of course you're aware of the Curtis Sittenfeld vs. Jennifer Weiner & Melissa Bank feud. I think you can get one of the belts from Curtis's website ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home